I am recovering from being dumped..and have been in NC for the better part of 2 months....been weak a 2 or 3 times and emailed...but nothing major.

Anyway....the next stage is LETTING GO... completely. I am trying to do this in my heart, but how do you make your heart let someone go? I am trying to wish him the best in my heart and forget him. I am trying to lose all hope for us getting back together..but how do you tell your heart this?

My head says ONE thing..my heart says another. I am listening to my head....

This is SOOOOO hard!

• 2 years later...

I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY HUSBAND IS A NARCISSIST

I WAS WONDERING HOW COULD HE SAY HE LOVES ME WHEN HE COMPLETELY NEGLECTS ME AND MY FEELINGS!!

2 WEEKS AGO I WAS SO ANGRY AND BLOW IT OUT IN FRONT OF HIS DAD WHO WAS VISITING US AND I CALLED MY PARENTS TOO WHO LIVE ABROAD OVERSEAS

HIS REACTION WAS NOT PLEASANT AND HE FELT HUMILIATED AND WE AREN'T TALKING SINCE

AFTER READING A LOT ABOUT THIS PERSONALITY I AM SURE HE RELATES TO EVERY WORD SAID ABOUT NARCISSISM

WE HAVE A LOVELY 2.5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

HE STILL CARES FOR HER , AND I AM STILL LIVING WITH HIM BUT TOTALLY IGNORE HIM AND TEND TO MYSELF AND WELL BEING

WHAT SHOULD I DO MORE , MY MARRIAGE IS OVER I GUESS:sad:

Letting go is the hardest part.

Someone posted a link on this site not too long ago, and Ill paste it in this thread. It's a sermon by a Christian minister, and the topic is "Letting Go".

Whatever your faith, the message in this sermon is wise and relevant. For those who believe in God or a higher power, it's helpful to know that God (or your higher power) has your back

link removed

Letting go is the hardest part.

Someone posted a link on this site not too long ago, and Ill paste it in this thread. It's a sermon by a Christian minister, and the topic is "Letting Go".

Whatever your faith, the message in this sermon is wise and relevant. For those who believe in God or a higher power, it's helpful to know that God (or your higher power) has your back

link removed

BTS, I am listening right now and this is AMAZING!!

I am recovering from being dumped..and have been in NC for the better part of 2 months....been weak a 2 or 3 times and emailed...but nothing major.

Anyway....the next stage is LETTING GO... completely. I am trying to do this in my heart, but how do you make your heart let someone go? I am trying to wish him the best in my heart and forget him. I am trying to lose all hope for us getting back together..but how do you tell your heart this?

This is SOOOOO hard!

Time heals all wounds my dear.

Keep yourself busy, get into a hobby or a sport .. find your passion and soon enough you won't even remember his name ...

Use this time to get to know You ... this way your a better person for when the next guy comes along ..

When you feel yourself thinking about him, Stop. Do something, change your thinking .. whatever it takes...

Keep telling your self - Your Mind is Stronger then Your Heart

This is SOOOOO hard!

It all depends on the terms and circumstances on which the break up happened.........

Ok. Some silly advice perhaps, but making a Good Riddance-list can help some. Compile a list of all the things that are negative about him, also the really silly things, like how the way he eats youghurt always made you twitch, how bad his breath smells after a night on the town, or, how strange he looks when he's cumming. Just keep writing his negatives, and then whenever you start missing him, just pull out the list. Helps for me most of the time.