Tendency to run away from responsibility

Borashi

Sometimes I just don't get it, when I get to my job I bust a$$ and I've viewed as this humble hard worker, who just wants to get things done. But when I get home everything is in shambles, I've noticed myself taking less and less desire or interest in my own responsibilities, I tend to run from my problems, I think I'm really afraid of my own success so rather than revel in it, I try to destroy it through negative mental thoughts, extreme procrastination, really just ignorning aspects of my life that are due respect. Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this behavior?

Hi

This is a very common problem in high achievers. Part of the problem is that at work there are others to see your achievemnt and thereforeeee it is easier to keep up the standard.

Second at home you are tired and lack motivation because you have given it all at work. It is a classic problem called the Achilles complex.

To solve the problem.... not so easy.

Try giving yourself a blitz at home. Set aside the time and do all the claening etc all on one day. Reward yourself.

Thereafter give yourself one small thing to do each day. Always reward yourself.

However if doing a blitz seems impossible, again set a small task for each day. eg, Put all the bills on the desk with the chequebook. (Thats all)

Next day, open them and if you feel ready, pay them. Reward yourself.

If there is a household job, get it ready one day, do it the next day.

There also presents the problem that you may not like your home self, seeing yourself as somehow not successful in your home life. Its easy to achive when you see success. I don't have enough info to give you good advice on this but if you reply with more info i will try to help.

With love, always, nenez xx