getting over the fact that you can't get over him

I know I'm not alone with this problem, but I've gotta know how you deal with such things?

I'll start from the beginning:

About a year ago I met this amazing guy, I mean, he's everything a girl could want. Handsom, sweet, sincere, outgoing, funny, trustworthy, respectful. I could just go on and on about the good qualities he has.

He's the type of guy you're always happy to see even if its been the worst day in the entire universe. He's the kind've guy who doesn't just want a relationship for the sex. He's always wanting whats best for the girl or what the girl wants. He's considerate of every feeling that girl may have, but he also doesn't take advantage of her.

The downfall is.....he doesn't feel the same way. Its the fact that when I see him, its the happiest and saddiest time ever. Happy because I get to see the guy I like more than anyone in the entire world, but sad because i know he doesn't feel the same way. I'm 15 he's 18. I'm almost 16, but he told me that if I were 17 or 18 he would date me instantly. He told me that I was a sweet awesome girl that he likes alot, but because he just doesn't feel right about dating someone "as young as me".

And I guess its right morally, but I just can't help thinging about him, because I like him soo much, I even think that I love him.

So if you were awesome and read this, my question would be, how does one get over something like this. When I like him so much, I would do anything just to see him. What do I do, how do I get over him b/c I know he doesn't feel the same way b/c of my age. Its almost heartbreaking, but I don't know how to keep my mind off of him. He's basically my perspective of Mr. Perfect.....If anyone has gone through this or if you have any help that you could give, it be much appreciated or if you want to tell me your stories of heartbreak.......

thanks

btw srry this was so long

Yup, the two choices listed earlier are what you have to select from. If he wanted, he could keep his distance, yet maintain contact, as you mature. But he probably doesn't want to put himself on hold, I hate to say.

Be glad you're as young and observant as you seem to be. That will keep you from being hurt in the future!

I was tried once to start a relationship someone that came from a relationship like yours, she was hung up on her ex it was really heart renching for me cuz I thought she and I had so much in common, we shared so many things yet it was hard for her to let go. When you've build a relationship fundation around that prefect someone, then have it demolished by that very someone its insufferable but some how you've survive as for getting over that someone, you never really do not saying try but from my experience, you live with it all your life and even if you never find love again, the memories from this relationship marks this point in your life when you were truly in love.

• 2 weeks later...