What are people who lie to keep people liking them afraid of even though people make it clear they'd still like them even if they're not looking over their shoulder all the time to see who's watching them? Talk about a lack of self-respect and self-esteem, it's no wonder most of them eventually end up with no friends wondering why people don't return their calls or answer the phone if they see their number on the ID. It's like they think they're not human like the rest of us or that they think they're better than the rest of us but the whole time they talk about how jealous they are of everyone else and how they need to be compete with everyone they possibly can to be better? If I've learned anything it's that needing to compete or be better than everyone else is the only way you ever really loose. I know i'm just rambling.

I think most liars lie out of fear of being rejected in some way or shape. For instance...some people might lie about how successful they are, but in reality-- they maybe scared of success and that's why they haven't found any success which is why they have to lie about being successful.

I also know liars lie out of fear of being punished- again, it's a fear that their lies stem from.

I also know that some liars lie because they want to mask who they really are because they are scared that a person may not like them if they showed the world who they truly were-- again, this is fear that their lies stem from. Maybe their parents or friends or peers said things to them growing up that made them feel bad about themselves and these scars have led them to believe that if they show their true selves, no one will like them. So they mask themselves and their lives with lies- but when their lies are found out, they lose friends and family and all the things they cared about.

So you get my point. Lying can be a viscious circle. If you live in fear, you wind up losing: Your self-respect, your self-dignity, your friends, your loved ones, your trust, your trustworthyness.

Try your best to live outside the box of fear and you'll see the world in a whole new light....