Never forget to look after yourself in life !

Hi Everyone,

I've finally broke made some good progress with my situation !! This morning, I wrote an e-mail to myself - therapy really - as if I was advising a friend. One thing I learnt about enotalone and relationship forums is this : When you are in despair - the advice of others can be the best thing in the world for your clarity, but don't let that cloud your ability to work through your problems yourself ! The answers are inside all of us. I'll stay on the board, but I'm burrying this issue now. Thanks to all who helped me over this difficult time. Al.

Dear Al,

You have subjected yourself to some serious mental torture for the past week or so. Granted, it was fuled by the close encounters with "the girl" on the Saturday night in the studios, but you still showed major vulnerability and weakness to both her and more importantly to yourself for the past 5 days. You need to look harder at girls like this when they appear in your life - espicially where music is concerned. Not that it's the clients, but your musical ability sends out a serious sales pitch to nearly any girl that comes near, and though they may not be interested in you, they will be drawn to you and your personality.

You need to think about what you are looking for in a girl - and if you look close at this situation, you will see that this particular girl is surely not what you are looking for. You knew this from the start, and you tried to avoid the fact in order to get some closeness - and as you see, in the end, it was you that got hurt.

Learn from this experience - learn that you need to not jump in with two feet. If you are jumping, use a few toes, and get an honest report for yourself on the situation !!

In saying that, you are now at the end of this fascination with someone who is most definitely an attractive and bubly person. Her outgoing personality is what you want - or is it. Can you really be with someone that demands that much attention? You need enough of it yourself, and would someone like that really be able to cater for you?

Think more about what you are looking for, and think more about making yourself happy before others. You will be a better person for it.

Your best friend in the world,

Al.

Thanks again guys.

Congratulations Al.

If I can make you a suggestion: print this e-mail and put it in a place, where you can read it now and then.

But don't stop there: each day, find one or two reasons, why you are an incredible human being who deserves the best. I'm sure there are a lot! And most important: learn to relax. Enjoy the moments. Be careful, but don't be a prisoner of that. Sometimes, it feels good follow our heart.

Smile, always smile… because this pain you're feeling now was just a rough proof you passed with distinction to help you finding what you want. And believe me, you will!

Good luck