Hello,

My wife is going through the midlife crisis, she won't admit it, but from all I've read and all she's said, the symptoms are spot on.

I daren't say too much on here in case she browses into this forum and finds it, a remote possibility but if she did, the way things are at the moment she might just walk out on me and the family.

I have no one to talk to about this except her and when I do it just makes her angry. She says she loves me, sometimes, other times she says she doesn't know but I love her totally.

Can anyone help?

well, how old are you and your wife? how long have you been married? with kids?? well, try your best to observe her and what makes her feel unease towards you, try to understand her it might be a test of your relationship... have you done something wrong in the past? try to be romantic to her okay??

Thanks for all your words of encouragement, I now feel less isolated and on my own.

I have also looked round the web and found lots of useful information which is helping me to understand my wife's behaviour. I have to say that all I have read supports what my wife has said and makes me realise that it is I who have to change to accommodate her new self and help her to find happiness again. She is just being true to herself.

I also know now that I have to find a bit of a life outside the marriage for myself, so that I don't feel like the victim in all this.

As they say, "It's good to talk", having talked (via the keyboard) to a few of you, I feel that I have got it off my chest and am now dealing with it in a constructive way instead of just hurting.

Mind you it was difficult for me last night when she went out at 9pm and didn't get back till almost 3am. When she said she was going out, I didn't ask where, why or who with, I just wished her a good time. When she got back, I asked if she had a good time and expressed my happiness that she had and she cuddled up to me in bed for the first time in a week. I call that a result, on sunday I was convinced that we were finished.