hey guys

meant to be going to uni in 2 weeks. i'm worried i won't cope. not because i am away, im not far away anyway. but i am worrying about the studying and failour and eating. at a level i should have done better then i did, but i got stressed out and felt it was just impossible. i ended up feeling i was a failour. i also became bulimic when i was revising, and so my thoughts turned to this as a worse problem. Siting in the exams i was so depressed about my weight and how i couldn't cope and control my eating/revision that i just couldn't even be bothered to read some of the questions. however the grades i got i was still accepted at my second choice. but ever since my a-levels i have felt a failour and my weight has increased and i am still bulimic. have recenlty beenin hospital due to my bulimia, however this still hasn't stoped me!

the thought of my weight takes over everything else, if i go out,to work, see friends etc. i know it sounds stupid but i don't want to go to uni at this weight as i feel uncomfortable and i will only tend to try and focus on things when i am in control of my weight. when i'm not i just get depressed and want to stay in bed!

i am worried i will fail the year before i have even started! And i am worried how i will cope with food( going catered) and how depressed i will be. i am on anti-d at the mo and aren't as bad as i used to be, but my weight still bugs me. i just hate feeling uncomfortable. When i was slim i felt more in control and could look in the mirror without wanting to be sick.

i know the simple solution would be to just get thin! but i binge when i am wound up etc and then being big makes me binge even more as i feel down.

i do want to go to uni to meet new people and have fun. i wish things could be more simple. a life without an ed. i could just be myself.

hi sugarandspice,

You should be able to get help at the university as well, most universities offer counsiling services. I know that Drexel, wehere i go, also offers goroup therepy sessions as well, including one for eating disorders. I hear that other places have similar groups. You might want to look into what your university offers. As for getting good grades, as long as you work hard you'll do well, try to find some good people to study with. I think you can do it.

Good luck,

mtastic