Girls and Asian guys

Ptolemy

Well, I'm the latter, a teenage asian guy, and I've always felt that non-asian girls have hardly any interest in asian guys because of their looks. And since most relationships never kick off unless both guy and girl are initially content with the appearance of the other, I feel kind of hopeless in finding a girl.

Now of course I've never blatently walked up to a woman and asked her this, i'd look like a fool, so I wanted to maybe get some input here on the forums. Thanks.

---Jeff

I'm an Asian guy and I have dated White girls before, but it really isn't that big of a deal at all. I say the best thing to do is to stick to your own race. The reason I say this is because that it is very hard for Asians to be accepted into America because of the struggles that we go through. If you know what I mean. Asians themselves can't even get along with one another in their own countries, so it is definitely a lot harder for us to integrate and have White folks see us as equals. The places that we're from has a history of corruption and oppression of our own people. So of course we are going to be very bitter towards others. And this is part of the reason why the media portrays us with absolute indifference. A lot of people really don't understand that, they just think that Asians are "weak" and "small". Well, of course, I mean, if you have been suppressed and lied to your entire Life are you going to walk tall under the Sun and smiling like everything is all right? No, you're going to be pissed and start wondering about everything you see. White people never really had to go through that type of stuff, you don't see George Bush or any other U.S. president going around killing and kidnapping everyone who isn't Christian or anyone didn't vote for him.

I don't know if that answers your question, but that was kind of what was on my mind. You just have to understand the truth and understand the cause before you start to do anything about your situation. I don't know if that applys to you but it is a factor that has an effect on a lot of Asian-Americans.

I dont know what you're really talking about, unless it depends on the 'exact' ethnicity of where you're from. Because my best friend is korean, and he gets with and is more popular with girls than I think I could ever be. And I mean any girls too, not just other asian girls. So I really believe it's just your own personality and traits you need to expand in order to get the girl you want...not the way you look.

haha, Asians kickass in martial arts!!! I'm white but I accept everyones cultures I mean I dont really know any other cultures but if someone wanted to talk to me about their culture I'd listen and really show that I'm interested in what they have to say.

Also I love ANIME!!! You asians deffinetly know how to entertain. Honestly Animes that I have seen easily topple any american made show. Well I am a huge fan of Family Guy but you cant really compare an anime to Family Guy cause Family Guy is just Family Guy hahaha. Anime though goes deep into detail, story and usually has alot of great action/suspense/drama everything.

Haha anime is a guilty pleasure of mine, I dont feel very comftorable telling people in person that I watch it cause to people who dont understand it just think it's a cartoon for kids when really anime is actually more directed towards a more mature audiance.

Well I'm gonna stop there but yah man dont worry too much about it you just gotta accept it, I'm in the same boat as you I'm really skinny so I always think why would a girl find me attractive over some hunk with muscles. I've come to realize I am not going to be one of those guys who can hookup with any girl they want, but I know I will eventually find someone and then she will see the person that most people dont see on the outside. In someways yah I would love to have girls all over me but also I really just want one girl to love. Believe me it's hard man my best friend gets girls easily and it gets annoying being around him cause he kinda rubs it in but when you got it you got. He's still a great kid I just feel he over does it abit lol. Good Luck man and just start accepting who you are.

i for one think asian women are some of the most naturally beautiful people one earth.

It seems like it takes no-make up at all to look innocent and pretty, and the long black hair is amazing. Marrying a Tokyo native is a secret fantasy of mine...

I always sorta thought girls felt the same way? It's odd that you say they don't...

Well, there are people of all kinds in every race. Of course, but the stereotypes portrayed in the media about Asian folks isn't very positive. So a White female dating an Asian male isn't really looked at as "normal". It happened to me, I tried to establish chemistry and rapport with females but in the end they always "disappear" or reject me without offering any real reasons. I'm not sure how much race played in it, but I'm sure it had something to do with it.

Thanks for the comments guys, I havn't made much of an attempt to get with a girl, since I believed that they'd have no interest in me whatsoever, I've just been friends with all of them. I'll just go deal with it and dive in blind but headstrong, perhaps oblivious to a few things, but atleast being myself.

Later,

---Jeff

okay, i'm an asian guy, about 5'7" ish, so i'm relatively short. i'm pretty decent looking in a way that makes me look a bit younger than i really am.

that being said, i've dated a lot of white girls (maybe half of them slightly taller than me), and only one asian girl ever. the main thing working against asian guys is the stereotype of their personality being introverted and submissive, and not very manly. anybody who has met me knows i'm definitely not the asian stereotype. i pretty much only speak english, with an americanish accent, i'm pretty wild and outgoing, and i'm really not hesitant to say or do anything that i want to. if i met a blind person they wouldn't know i was asian.

in the end, attraction is all about image. but image isn't just want you look like physically, it's how they see your personality/character/etc.

i've never really seen an asian guy fail to get girls because he was asian, it usually tended to be because he was too shy/submissive/etc.

And saying asians are smart and good at martial arts is like saying blacks eat only fried food and beat their wives.

It's not even a stereotype really anymore, but an accepted blanket statement.

Mine was a joke...BUT a lot of Asians I've met are pretty smart. Most people I've met are pretty smart. LOL! It's the engineering classes I'm in I guess.

You think you have it bad? You think non asian girls are not attracted to asian guys? Try being like me, a 28 year old african american male. go to a personals site like link removed and watch how everyone wants caucasian, hispanic, asian, native american, east asian, everything but african american. its funny I even see them list every single race but black. i have seen this for years. I see them single out their preferences and african american is hardly one of them. I am frustrated because my own preference is caucasian and asian and latina females. but when i go to personal sites, they list every race as their preference BUT black. you got nothing to worry about, i do.

Being Asian does not make you smart.

Also, I don't think that the media misportrays Asians exclusively. It bashes everyone. There are so many shows (esp. reality shows) that make all blond women look dumb, and yet no one calls those shows raciest. If I made a bunch of shows that made black women look dumb, I would be called raciest, but it seems okay to make shows that make white women look dumb. I don't understand why its okay to be raciest against caucasions, but not be raciest against other races. The point is that Asians are not portrayed any worse off than any other race is portrayed. thereforeeee, one should not blame the inability to find a girlfriend on being Asian.

i for one think asian women are some of the most naturally beautiful people one earth.

It seems like it takes no-make up at all to look innocent and pretty, and the long black hair is amazing. Marrying a Tokyo native is a secret fantasy of mine...

ya i know what you're saying Man ! They're just "naturally" beautiful . No make up needed at all . . . ya . . . I would love to marry a Tokyo native . . . yummmmmmmmm . . .