does this happen to you and does it mean anything?

david90

I was walking thru a book store today and a girl is walking towards me. When I was near her she kinda turn her head to the left and pretended to be interested in a book on the sheft. Does this mean anything?? I doubt she's really interested in a book because it was right on cue. Maybe she was repel by me but it doesn't really matter to me. It's just one of those thing that I wonder about.

It's too unspecific. It could be anywhere from actually being interested in a book to her being shy and waiting for you to talk to her to turning away quickly to avoid having to talk to her. If you don't have any finer details, I'd go with what easyguy says.

Sigh... people want to believe that everything is a sign that someone is interested in you. Don't worry about it, don't think about it. If she was really interested, she would have said something to you. Don't go through life wondering what is and isn't a sign. Wait for the really clear ones and be ready to capitalize.

Thinking about it a second time (I don't really get how it all happened I'm kind of confused like she was walking your way like to talk to you then you turned and looked at her and she pretended to be interested in a random book?) She might have been trying to chat you up, or just thought you were attractive, then got shy and turned and picked up a book. See it as a good thing.

Sigh... people want to believe that everything is a sign that someone is interested in you. Don't worry about it, don't think about it. If she was really interested, she would have said something to you. Don't go through life wondering what is and isn't a sign. Wait for the really clear ones and be ready to capitalize.

Not always true. This girl (exactly what I would of done, too) wanted to get his attention, got it, but didn't get him to say anything. I would want to say something, but it wouldn't/won't come out so ofcourse, I look for an escape route like she did just to not look like an idiot. Makes sense to me. Guys look for escape routes too. Most are shier than others.[/u]

Not always true. This girl (exactly what I would of done, too) wanted to get his attention, got it, but didn't get him to say anything. I would want to say something, but it wouldn't/won't come out so ofcourse, I look for an escape route like she did just to not look like an idiot. Makes sense to me. Guys look for escape routes too. Most are shier than others

Believe me, I'm likely to do the same thing as well. But what I've come to learn over the past few months is that you should just go for things instead of dancing around them or finding escape routes. People spend so much time afriad to act, wondering what they should do, that they miss opportunities that are there. Assuming this girl was interested, her looking away didn't get them talking so it didn't really get her anywhere. Also, his wondering what it means doesn't really do anything either. If either of them had acted instead of hesitating, the story would have a much different ending.

It makes sense to act like they did. But if you think of what you really want, it makes more sense to seize a moment when it comes your way. If you sense something, take a chance. Worst that can happen is that you have a conversation and it leads no where. That's still better then wondering what could have happened.