I havn't had my period in about a month

Okay I know this might seem really stupid to post, but I first started my period ABOUT a year ago, and I havn't had it in about a month. It may seem stupid but i'm getting a little worried. I have to admit I'm a big worrywart. I'm a virgin so I can't be pregnant.. and I've heard for maybe a year or two your period may skip some months but still I'm just getting worried...

It's nothing to worry about. My mom is a gyenecologist (is that how you spell that?) and when I started my period I had that same problem. It's normal for them to be irregular for about a year or so after you start. And since you're a virgin, there's nothing to worry about. But, I'd give it some time, but if it goes on for too long, I'd talk to a doctor...although I dont think that'd be necessary.

I think that after 3 months (of really not knowing what the cause of missing it could be) that is when it is a good idea to see a doctor. I'm not 100%, but I could have sworn I've read that somewhere reliable. In any case, after missing it a few times, that is when you might worry, but for now I'd just relax, but be prepared for it to come unexpededly.

When I first started my period, there were a few times when I missed a month or only bled a little one month... then there were times I got it twice a month. It's very common for it to be irregular for the first few years.

But I do agree that if you don't get it for 3 months, you should be talking to the doctor. When your period is still irregular, skipping 1 month is nothing to be worried about (unless of course you are sexually active, which you aren't).

Also, try not to worry about it too much. Worry and stress sometimes makes you skip a period or make it come later.

When I first started my period, I remember skipping 3 months worth of periods. I was extremely irregular. If your mother was prone to skipping periods, you could have that trait passed down to you. My mom was irregular until she had children.