What are my boyfriends parents really saying to me?

To the point..I recently was diagnosed with cancer. The good news is it was caught very early and my prognosis is very good. Of coarse it is still terrifying to me. Today in the mail my boyfriends parents sent me a video. It is of a church sermon where the preacher is talking about dying of cancer and forgiveness! In the video is inserted a film short about a young woman who 'needs to forgive.' At the end of the clip she is hit by a speeding semi truck, totally demolishing her car. The message following was something like "forgive today because there may be no chance tomarrow". Needless to say I was disturbed by this. My question is...

Is it possible they thought this would be supportive to me? Or are they just giving me another one of their religious passive/aggressive 'stabs'? They have certainly done that befor. This wasn't my first video from them. I just can't believe they would go this far. I am troubled and don't know how to approach them. Do I ignor it altogether? Ask them why they sent such a video? Or if they even watched it themselves? Any advise on what to do would be helpful

Thanks

Sweet Single

The only thing I can think of is this!

If you have had any sort of disagreement or quarrel with a member of your family, friends, etc. which has not been resolved then it is a good time to do so!

This is because regrets of not doing so can eat away at the people who are left behind, destroying their lives!

I hope this makes sense because it was really hard to put it into words.

It's great to know you are doing well. Take care.

Your boyfriend's parents are fundamentalist terrorists. Unfortunately our current government is making this sort of behavior appear "acceptable."

However, it is NOT. Ignore these insensitive clods who are sabotaging your mental health.

However, one thing I'm wondering is: what is your boyfriend's take on this? You haven't said. Does he think his parents should be aggressively attacking you with "helpful" videos in this horrible way?? shouldn't HE, perhaps, be telling them to cease and desist?

As for your health, a good prognosis is a wonderful thing! Best wishes to you.

Your boyfriend's parents are fundamentalist terrorists. Unfortunately our current government is making this sort of behavior appear "acceptable."

However, it is NOT. Ignore these insensitive clods who are sabotaging your mental health.

However, one thing I'm wondering is: what is your boyfriend's take on this? You haven't said. Does he think his parents should be aggressively attacking you with "helpful" videos in this horrible way?? shouldn't HE, perhaps, be telling them to cease and desist?

As for your health, a good prognosis is a wonderful thing! Best wishes to you.

Let's not turn this into a political statement. It may well be that they have the best of intentions and are also concerned about their son. Remember that most religious people believe in the concept of a 'soul' and are concerned that you, and perhaps their son, may not get into heaven. You and I may not agree with that, but that doesn't mean they are evil people for believing it. Nor does it mean they are 'attacking' you.

If at some point you really find their efforts too intrusive then you can merely thank them for their thoughts but say that you have formulated your own set of beliefs and would prefer that they respect that and not try anymore to persuade you otherwise.

Beware also of pitting your boyfriend against his parents. That can be a tactic that can badly backfire.