It's been a while, but I'm back and better than ever! *LONG*

BCBoy81

Well, it's been a good few months since I last posted. I tried patching things up with my ex, it worked for a bit, we were friends again but I knew it wouldn't last and it didn't. Needless to say, after enough tries, that book has closed.

About 2 weeks ago, I was working the morning shifts at the grocery store where I work. I noticed we hired a few new cashiers and one of them really tickled my fancy. Tall, absolutely cute, nice body, dark hair and green eyes.

That week, when I knew I was working and she was too, I made it a point to go thru her 'till when I was on my break. Always made a joke or two and minor chit-chat and she seemed really open and friendly and receptive!

I was so hooked.

That following week, I knew she was finished at 2 and I started at 3. I made it a point to go in early. I've been working on myself the past few months and figured it was do or die!! Time to grow some stones and ask this girl out for coffee.

So, I went in an hour early, knowing full well she was there. She came up to the lunch room and we started kibitzing. I sighed and said that I musta read the schedule wrong, I came in an hour early and since I had an hour to kill, wanna go get a coffee??

Well I'll be damned, she said YES!!!!!

So I formally intro'd myself and we walked down the plaza to this little coffee shop. As it turns out, neither of us really drink coffee so we both had a juice and sat down to get to know eachother!! I was nervous and I'm sure she was too but man if I wasn't having fun.

She went home and mentioned she'd be back later to check her schedule when it was posted. She did, my friends let me know when she came in, we "bumped into" eachother... walked around, followed her out to her car and continued a conversation and finally, I did it..... I asked for her number!!!!! And I GOT IT OMFG!!

I called her two days later to wish her a happy b-day and you could hear her smile through the phone. Major brownie points that day

Well, last night we made plans and went for chinese food and came back to my place for a few games of pool. As it turns out, we have TRUCKLOADS in common, she's intelligent, she's beautiful, she's tall, she likes cars and almost everything I do!! I'm totally falling for this girl!!

When I took her home, I got a great big, VERY firm hug and she told me I should call her again!!!!

Obviously VERY good signs! My mom & friends have commented they've NEVER seen me this happy before and I honestly can't remember the last time I've been this happy. Typical Leo, I'm so strutting my stuff right now.

But, HOW do you keep from jumping the gun and appearing to over zealous? I called her today from work and asked her if she wanted to come to my car clubs' monthly meeting. She said she would love to sometime but had plans tonight. She kept it very positive, we joked and it really didn't sound like she was trying to blow me off, it's just she had made plans already. She told me had I called sooner, she'd have prob'ly said yes. DOH!!

So now, my train of thought, is to maybe NOT call her tomorrow? I know it's friday but maybe it is a good idea to sit one day out, maybe call her saturday or sunday and make plans for the following week?

Does that seem fair? She just turned 20, I'm 24.... good split I feel I just don't want to appear needy or smothering but damn, I've fallen for her like a load of bricks! *sigh* \

So you called her and she would have come out with you but she had plans. So you know she has a social life.

Now you want to skip over Friday, often a day that people make plans for the weekend, hope that she hasn't, and call her on Saturday.

Doesn't make sense to me. I would call her today.

congrats!

Call her this Sunday to schedule something for NEXT FRIDAY, or next weekend. Don't be too pushy, you are correct. Also, you're going to the car club meeting tonight, right? Well then you will have yet ANOTHER THING TO TALK ABOUT with her on Sunday.

She might even ask on Sunday: "How was the meeting?"

So yeah call her Sunday when she's more relaxed (most people are anyways) On Friday she's going to be with her friends and will not want to be distracted.

I don't want to seem pushy.

But you also don't want her to think you are no longer interested because she couldn't make it the first time you asked. And how would you feel if someone else asked her out first? Don't forget that she won't just put her life on hold waiting for you to call to ask her out.