What is wrong with me? No men stick around.

Lokey

I don't understand why I keep getting excuses about dates that are canceled on me. I am a responsible person, very confident (atleast thats what I am told). My friends tell me I keep going for the underdogs and that they find me intimidating. It's frustrating, I would like to find a guy that doesn't clam up after the second time I talk to him. I don't feel intimidating or that I am going for the underdogs. I like whom ever I like.

I am very nice, and like to have fun. You could even call me a socialite, but the only dates I am getting are with my friends. Nothing wrong with that except I'm the only single one out of the whole group.

Could I be doing something wrong? What are guys looking for in a woman?

Well, I cant speak for all guys. But somehow who will let us be us, and chase you in a way that is comfortable and not too much of the mind games. I am sure you dont do that, but we get in beat into us that there are rules and etiquette and so sometimes we get caught up in that and dont express yourselves, you know? Dont know if that helps any.

My friends tell me I keep going for the underdogs and that they find me intimidating. It's frustrating, I would like to find a guy that doesn't clam up after the second time I talk to him.

What do your friends mean by this? what does 'underdog' mean and why are they intimidated?

Is it possible that you come accross as over-confident and over-opinionated? That doesn't mean you should be a meek and mild submissive little woman but maybe you are going to the other extreme.

Are you giving them a chance to talk without interrupting with your opinion? Do you let them speak - and listen to what they say. Are your opinions more strongly expressed that a light, fun evening on a first date would warrant.

I think it ties in with the chase. A guy can get bored. Or preoccupied with other things in life. To me, we're all such busy people, the business of life gets in the way of really getting to bond with and know someone.

Also, I'm realizing that I get asked out all the time, with a select few I go on first dates, and never go beyond that! I don't get it either!

Apparently there's a saying that if something is meant to be, it'll happen.

In the meantime, you have to find a way to move on and accept it. Even when it stinks.

Well like another poster said I can't speak for all guys. But the general things I look for in a girl would be that she has a sense of humor, is average looking or better, on the thin side but not anorexic yet not overweight, good taste in music isn't like the rest of the girls out there who love the mainstream ****, caring, optimistic, just fun to be around.

Basically I agree with what Msnak said, "if it's meant to be it'll happen". Don't worry about those guys there's nothing WRONG with you it's just those guys weren't your type.