Take a look please - confused.

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in, but oh well.

Anyways, most of you know my story of my ex and I..

Well the weekend that just past, I went to another province with my soccer team for the whole weekend. Today she hasn't talked to me..

But her sister did. Who is one year older than I am.

She said "____ come over!" ... she then told me she wants to hang out with me. I know it's nothing like that.. just friendly because we're friends.

Her boyfriend is on my soccer team and we're good buddies so I would never do anything stupid, just to let you know.

So I said to her "what would your sister think of us hanging out?" and she said "I don't care".. but she ended up inviting another friend over and said "we'll hang out another time ??" I said sure.

I'm just in an odd situation and I need to vent here.. because I still do have feelings for my ex.. but I don't talk to her unless she talks to me right now.. I haven't talked to her since last Wednesday..

I was talking to her then.. and I told her my cousins were over.. and she told me to come to her soccer game that night, and bring my cousins too.

During the game she would look over at me ( I was with my friend/cousins) and smile a few times. She also checked my away message this morning within a minute of her signing online.

I am just SO confused. I know you all are probably pissed about hearing my stories, but I'd like to know what to do really.. here's what I know.

My ex may still have feelings for me.. because a female friend of mine told me she liked me about a month ago.. then she went away for a month, and just came home friday.. and said things are "GOOD". So I shouldn't worry. I was like... alright.

I haven't talked to her yet.. but the thing is, I know I shouldn't seem needy or anything, and believe me, I'm not. I give her so much space, but I still encounter mixed signals. People told me to move on with my own life, and I HAVE. I worried about ME. I still run into things involving her though, there's no way around it.

I know that if she wanted to get back with me, I would have a long talk with her first, to find out what we both wanted from each other... I'm just in a tough situation where it seems there's ups and downs looking from every angle. Then her sister talked to me today, which confused me even more.. and then I told her sister to say hi to her mom for me because we haven't talked in a month or so.

Any advice?

I would say stop getting info from OTHER people and get it directly from the source. Talk to her. Getting second hand info is SO unreliable..REGARDLESS of who it is..be it a sister, friend, etc. The only person who knows is THAT person. Things can be exxagerated as well. Not to mention that it's a juvenile and immature way of handling things.

One question though?? HOW do you know if someone checks your away message?? How does that work?

I use Miranda. It's a program that allows you to put your ICQ/MSN contacts onto one list. You download a plugin from the website which allows you to see when people read your away message.

Here's the thing.

I would have asked my ex how she felt a long time ago, but one of the main reason we broke up is because she felt I was clingy... and she didn't really like it when I would ask her how she felt about the relationship.

She likes it when things are more laid back, and don't really worry about too much. I know her the best, and the best route to take would be to give her space and let her come to me.. But I still get confused.