i quit cutting, still being made fun of for it

all my "friends" make fun of me for cutting. i havent done it in months and my scars are gone but everyone i confided in in my time of need still make fun of me for it. they say i cant handle my problems on my own and they dont stop, its like the only things they say to me are making fun of me for cutting they've been doing it for like 3 years now, does anyone no how i can make it stop,

i don't know how you can stop it but i know that what they're doing is totally out of order. so you had troubles... i'm sure if they had troubles just like you then they'd turn to you for help. they need to stop what they're doing and put themselves in your shoes.

i guess maybe if you want it to stop then you could tell a teacher or your parents or something like that. or just tell them that if they keep it up they'll lose a friend.

if they were your true friends then they wouldn't hurt you like that.

Sappho...

This is hard to hear, but your friends arent good people. They shouldnt be in your life.

Your life is precious and you should only allow people who are supportive and caring to be a close part of it. Ive never made fun of any of my friends, and if it was an issue like this i would have done everything i could have to be there for you. Thats what real friends do.

Its hard to find genuine people who have your back. These guys dont. Only be friends with people whove got your back.

what kind of friend can make fun of you for hurting yourself? if these are your friends i suggest you go on the market for some new ones right away. a real friend would be concerned. my friends would never make fun of me for that. yours shouldn't either.

my best advice would be to tell them that what they say upsets you and to tell them to stop. say that you can deall with your problems now but they are not helping!.

your friends seem to be, well not very good friends, maybe try and spread your wings of them. get new ones.

Jen

xxxx

Okay. No offense, but your "friends" are screwed over. What kind of friends are they? I don't think they understand the importance and serious parts of cutting. If they can't understand that, they're obviously much too immature to get a life. Cutting is a problem that so many people have to deal with, and it's definitely not something that should be made fun of. All I can suggest is to get some new friends, cause they aren't exactly friend material.

I agree with the fact that if they were really your friends would they be treating you like this? Well the answer to that is simple, it's no. Congratulations for giving up your doing great! It's nice to see another person whos come out the other side.

Tell your friends their not making your problems any better and that if they are going to make fun of you then they obviously don't care that much. People hate honesty but unfortuantly it's needed sometimes. Find new friends that make you feel better about yourself, you don't need friends like that!

For starters they dont seem to be friends, but i guess whilst having a joke on it thy must have done something good for you for you to label them "friends" - then again i take the whole speech marks is sarcasm..

Anyway, i know you might not like the idea, or it might not fit with who you are, but being able to laugh at myself gets me a long way. how about you? Do you think you could do that? Or are wounds still healing?

I find...

Its always better for you to make the first joke and laugh at yourself than be surprised by some comments made by others and not laugh at all.

Hopefully this make sense.

kell.

I agree with the other posters, but it might just be that your friends are horrifically dense. My best friend was addicted to cocaine/heroin pretty bad for awhile, but he stopped. His other friends always used to joke when they'd go out to party that they couldn't do either of them. It drove him crazy and made him feel like hell.. because they wouldn't quit and we're always on about "Oh, we can't do this because SOMEONE'S a coke head"..

They were stupid enough that they didn't think "oh what I'm saying is going to be hurting him in some way". He had to vehemently blow up at them to make them realize that what they were saying was effecting him so much. Now, they're pretty much fine. He obviously hasn't forgotten about it, and it bothers him.. but yeah

So what I'm attempting to get at is, your friends are obviously being idiots, but it might not be that they're trying to hurt you.. It might just be that they're that dense.

well they are friends, well atleast the closest thing i have to friends. ive told them how it makes me feel, i basically said " hey, you guys need to stop this, you have no idea what ive been through, and what im still going through, you dont know how hard it is to just stop this". big mistake. it made no difference whatso ever, basially there response was "nice speach, now shut up and quit complaining", not the effect i was going for. the thing is ive kept things to myself for so long, and no wonder, this is what happens when i trust someone. Is there any way to get them to chill out?

-stitches

I don't know. If they aren't listening to how you feel, and are being insensitive and jerkish like that.. Aside from screaming at them or not talking to them ever again, I don't see how that's going to be solved.

Seriously, what kind of person doesn't listen to someone when they say something like that?

I'm sorry you've been put in this situation.

Don't really know how to answer this?

Have you tried walking away from them everytime they do it?

Some people need a hammer and chisel used on their brains before they realise what is going on!

I'll have to see if I can come up with a better idea.

Good luck and take care.