Loneliness / Depression

Hey, it's been about a month and a half since I finished school and I'm starting to feel really depressed. I haven't seen any of my friends in a few weeks as some of them from school were being jerks and I decided I didn't want to be friends with them anymore; my other friends are all busy, on holidays etc.

In a few months I'll be starting university and I'm sure I'm going to make new friends there but I don't know what to do until then. Right now I feel really lonely as my brother has recently moved out and my parents are away on holiday. The only time I really get out my house is to go to work and because I always get moved around I don't get a chance to talk to the same people very often. I think back to a few months ago and it makes me feel so sad because I never really hung around with my 'real' friends from school and now it's too late. I was thinking of inviting over a few friends but the only ones I still have contact with, don't invite me when they are going out and always put me down etc.

My last year at school felt great, my confidence was at an all time high and I started meeting more girls. Now I'm feeling so depressed my confidence is so low I can hardly bring my self to start a conversation (with anyone!).

I've thought about trying to take up a hobby or something but I just don't think I can right now because I'm feeling so down.

I desperately need some advice; I don't want to start university as a depressed wreck!

First, congrats on your graduation!!

I think the idea of summer classes is a real good one and it would get you out of the house and socializing again. Also, if you don't want to take up a hobby, have you considered doing some volunteer work?

I want to wish you luck in college and I am sure you will make a ton of new friends and create many special memories!