How can I have such strong feelings for him...?

How can someone have REALLY strong feelings for a person? I've known this person for you can say a year now, the first time I saw him I was very much attracted to his looks. As I began to know him as a person his personality capitivated me. Yes I've aruged with him, I don't always see him eye to eye, and I don't hang on every word he says. He's older then I am, been through collage already has lived his life. But for some reason or another I'm very much....I can't say in love, because that should be a mutual feeling but I see who he is and I just get this feeling in me. When he talks to me I just talk like if nothing but through my eyes I'm saying that I can't breath because I'm so capitated by him. I NO WHERE NEAR A HOPELESS ROMANTIC... I'm very independent and always find faults in everyone. For example I can't act upon these feelings for another 2 years. But I once didn't see him for 3 weeks and one day I had an important event and there were flowers sent from him...I sat there and cried, I had missed him so much..I saw him afterwards talked for about half an hour and then I had to leave. I just get this feeling,I don't quite understand what to do...

Whewwww.. strong words. crazy, well first whats the age difference between you 2 would be a good question.

Sent you flowers. obvious he has some feeling towards you./ but more important your LOVE struck it seems like. everyone has this atleast one time in there life, that they are sure they have meet there soul mate. there only love, nothing else matters. kind of feeling. you need to first i think get in touch with him. have a long talk. express what your feeling. and then see what his responce is... if its positive build a relationship off that. if he leans away from what you said. atleast you tried, rejection isn't the end of the road. even thow i might feel like a bottomless pit. that a ladder and alot of rope cant get you out of. get him alone. one ON one. a private moment. just you 2, by yourselfs. and say what you just posted but direct it towards him. thats the only way to let him know. being honest is allways a goodthing, and you wil feel better after you say it.

omg U sould like your in the exact situation.....i met a guy I knew him 1 year....I had strong feelings and I donno how that could have been. I was confused.....my advice to you is you met him for a reason and even though you dont know what that reason is you soon will find out, fate got u guys 2gether and fate with do its part, I didnt know why i had such feelings for a guy I knew only a year but I did luv him and i still do...even though we dont talk anymore I know he is the one, so I donno what Im gettin to but let your feelings flow

Truth of the matter is...there's a certain situation that doesn't inable us to be together, maybe for another 2 years. If anyone is really wanting to know I'd be glad writing it in a private message. But yes you are right, he sent me flowers and I cried, I have feelings for him. I've also always agreed with the whole " you meet people for a reason". Do you think it'd possible for a person to feel this passionate about someone, if the other person doesn't feel that same way about them?