offical or not??!

okay....some of you probably know about my situation but ill give some backround anyways. we went out for 9 months we were very in love he was great everything was amazing he went on vacation and came bak "confused". anways we basically broke up and i was heartbroken but i lost hope i figured its over i love him but moveo n. so thats what i started doing. anyways about five months later we were flirting like crazy and spending tons of time together. we finally talked about it and decided that we still liked eachother and decided to give it another tyr but take it slow. there was no official label, but it is exclusive. there were some serious positives: the pressure you feel when you put that label when yhou're in the same school is crazy to talk to that person EVEYRTIME YOU SEE THEM IN THE HALL FOR 10 MINS or wait at their locker or walk them to class so it was much more casual. it went well for awhile, had its ups and downs as in sometimes we just didnt see much of eachother but it wasnt a relationship we had TO TEND TO lol. and i liekd this and im sure he did as well. we meet sometimes to just hang out and dont make out and stuff i mean its not about the sex or well since we're virgins the sexual aspect. it is a BIG PART OF IT much bigger then before but its not like f*** buddies. anyways the thing is when people ask me are you two going out i cant just straight out say yes and i was thinking if i should tell him that i want the label....but then if we were to break up it would be an official brekaup and i dont want that. and i dont want me or him to feel pressured to ACT like a couple. but do you think that its stupid that we dont have a label? i mean we refer to eachother as bf/gf but its not like i dont official. the other thing is that at times he can be very caring and what not and sometimes hes kind of rude and just seems unintereseted (this is something that he always goes through) he sometimes is very in love and sometimes doesnt care, any comments??? plzz?? lol

This is a male's perspective and your should definitely get a female's perspective too.

I don't think the labels are that important. What is important is what you can expect from him and what he can expect from you. If you really have an agreement to see each other exclusively it sounds like you are "going out" (or whatever) even if you don't label it that way. Just watch out if he wants to keep seeing you and other people at the same time (or if you get the feeling that he doesn't want the label because he's trying to keep his options open).