Girlfriend wants to visit Nude Beach

Recently, co-workers of my girlfriend told her about a nude beach that was within driving distance of where we live. Ever since she has heard about this nude beach, she has been repeatedly telling me things like how to get there, where it is, in an obvious attempt to get me to take us there. I've asked her straight out if she wants to go, and she says yes, with a huge grin, like a kid.

What I'm concerned about is her reason and desire for wanting to go to a nude beach, not the nude beach itself. She is not comfortable being naked around her friends, or people she knows and is familiar with, but seems to be much more comfortable in front of strangers.

I don't want to have a girlfriend that wants (keyword: wants) to show off her breasts and vagina to strangers. If I felt that she didn't want to show off her breasts and vagina to strangers then I wouldn't mind going to the nude beach with her.

Now, the facts seem to be, she wants to go with me. I don't think she would go to one without me. That alone is a very good sign but I still must ask everyone's input on this matter as I'd like to hear everyone's point of view so I could help myself in coming to a reasonable choice of action, or inaction.

I tried to confront her about this last night but she changed the topic when I tried to ask her "Why do you want to go to the nude beach?"

We're both in our early 20's so I'd prefer advice from others who are 20+ years old.

If anyone needs any other information I haven't included in this post, please as, and I will respond.

I think at nude beaches one does not HAVE to be nude, though gawkers are frowned upon. Also depends, she may just want to go topless...in some countries this is quite normal at most beaches, and while some may look, it is also seen as pretty normal and uneventful.

Lots of people at nude beaches are not people you necessarily want to see naked either

Why don't you ASK her why she wants to go...is it curiosity, to break out from her boundaries a bit, and gain some confidence? If you are not comfortable with it, have a discussion about it. She is an adult I assume so ultimately it is her decision, but that does not mean you have no voice and you can talk to her about how uncomfortable it makes you feel to think she wants to show off in front of strangers, as her body is special to you and you want to be the only one to see it...

I do know where you are coming from...I know my boyfriend things I am absolutely gorgeous, and loves it most definitely, but even though he thinks my breasts are fantastic, he does NOT want his friends, or strangers or anyone else to see them...he respects me too much to want me to do that, and I think he feels that sharing visuals of my body is something special for HIS eyes only.

I can in some ways understand why she does not want to be naked around friends but would strangers...strangers don't see you day to day, friends you do and you might always wonder if they are picturing you naked..lol.

I agree with Ray Kay.

It could be curiosity, stepping outside boundaries, spicing up your sex life, to help build up her confidence...

The fact that she wants you to go too is a good sign, she's not trying to hide it from you, or go behind your back, so it would seem her motives aren't sneaky. It takes guts to be honest with you about it, and obviously she feels you two are close enough and feels comfortable enough to come to you with this desire, all good signs about your relationship.

Having said that, I know that I love my bf and his body, and I view it as something special that we share with each other, and I would probably feel weird if he wanted to show it off to other people at a nude beach, just as I might expect he might feel weird if I wanted to parade around in front of others. If it was something he wanted we could talk about it, and I wouldn't rule it out, but it might be weird...

There are some couples that enjoy showing off their bodies to others, and the key is that both partners are comfortable with it, and one doesn't feel hurt and uncomfortable with it.

I agree that as an adult, it is your gf's choice to go or not, but you should try and talk with her more about it and find out why she is interested, maybe something alternative can be done to satisfy her wish.

I agree that you should ask her reasons for going. It is very possible that she just wants to do something adventurous - a break from the normal grind of daily life. There is a good chance that there is nothing sexual in her desire to do this, or maybe if it is sexual, that it is meant to be for the benefit of you two as a couple and not others on the beach.

I'd do it... Of course, my girlfriend poses half nude for photoshoots and websites, so what the hell do I know

Thank you all for your posts. I am feeling relieved right now just from all of us sharing our opinions on the matter.

I will go to her and have a chat about why she wants to go.

Since I know her pretty well I have very good feeling she will try to avoid answering it at first with a "I don't know [shy grin]" to the point where she may become defensive with a half-grin.

This all stems from the fact that I communicate as much as I can verbally, with as much detail as I can, while she communicates much more non-verbally with smiles, nods of the head, and slight gestures.

This is why I haven't been able to successfully find the answers to my biggest concern. But, I will try again, with more persistence.

I will post back here when I find the answers.

This doesnt sound like a big deal, its just something different maybe she just feels that it could be fun. Maybe she wont like it and maybe she will but if you are feeling that jealous about the situation then it seems that you need to examine those feelings and confront those issues within yourself.

Day_Walker,

If it's just something that she feels could be fun to do together then it's not a big deal. To clarify, the jealously here is not about other people looking at her nude, it's about whether or not she likes it/wants others to look at her naked body.

But, do you think, I'm even turning that into a big deal, dwelling on whether or not she wants others to look at her naked body. Or is it just really a non-issue that I shouldn't waste my time thinking about.

If so, then you're right.

edit: The thing is, I tried to ask her "Why do you want to go" before but she avoided answering it with a simple, straightforward answer. Normally, avoiding a question is a bad sign isn't it? An honest, quick answer gives me a reason not to worry.

Ya, I do think that is kinda weird that your girlfriend wants to go to a nude beach. If you really are uncomfortable with it, tell her how you feel, and tell her that you will leave her if she goes to the nude beach. She needs to respect your feelings. If my girlfriend wanted to go walk naked in front of a bunch of other guys (who are likely to be very perverted) then I would dump her.

i have thought about going to one just to laugh at the fact that i went to one. but unfortunately the one by me is gross and the people are decrepant and unpleasing to the eye, so i wouldnt want to be the only young chick there.

she probably wants to go just to be kind of kinky. im not one to expose myself but one time at a nude beach, maybe i would go if the conditions were right & i was there with cool people, and a boyfriend if i have one at that time. but if i had a BF who wasnt down with me going then i would respect him by not going, and id go when i was single.

-DG724

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok... I've been to a topless beach in europe... and it might as well have been nude because people wore thongs...male and female..and some of these people "really" had no business being on a beach in the first place much less a thong....

Nude beach... well if I asked my BF to go to a nude beach.. I think it'd be out of something to do.. together. Maybe a tittalating taboo experience.

Am I worried about people gawking at my body... HECK no... everyone is nude.. seen one...seen em all. lol. incidentally... I don't think I'd be catorgorized as something that had "no business on a beach to begin with" or I wouldn't suggest it in the first place.

I think it'd just be tittalating to go... and if I went... I'd want to go with my S.O. Why not. Confidence booster... yeah.. I can see that... takes a set of Calzones to take it all off in the light of day in public. lol. It'd be a confidence booster all right.

Why don't you give it a whirl. Try it. You can say you've been if nothing else.... lol. Its like joining the Mile High Club... lol... titilating.

Hey.. .consider yourself lucky.. you've got an aventurous little lady there.