school advice needed

I recently got my SAT scores back and I got a 670 in Math and a 630 in Verbal. I know this is a good score, but my academics are a little weak. I have had a decent amount of C's and a few D's. Haha don't get scared, I also have many A's and B's. When everything averages out I guess I am a B, C student. It's obvious im not a great student but im not terrible either. With my score of a 1300 on the SATS, and my mediocre grades do I still have a chance of getting into a decent school? My parents have the money to afford any school so thats not a problem, I just want to know if my 1300 will help alot, and exactly where I stand. If it helps, I played basketball and tennis throughout HS, and I also was in an after-school club or two. I also have worked the past two summers and am starting a full-time job in 2 days, and I know this goes on the application.

Where do you think I stand?

well, I'm only 14, but I've taken them too, and so have all my siblings and they've been through college so I kinda have an idea of what colleges look for from hearing them talking about it in high school.

Having good grades DOES improve your chances as far as scholarships and getting into the one you want goes, but it's not all they look at.

I've just talked to my sister a bit on the matter (she's sitting behind me...lol) and according to her, the more you participated in after-school clubs and extra curicular activities, the better. Colleges look at extra-curicular activities too, so it's great that you've done the clubs, sports, and jobs.

Overall, you're grades aren't the greatest, but they aren't what I would call low, and since colleges look at pretty much everything, one area isn't going to penalize you very much. Colleges like to see grades, but they don't base their decisions solely on grades and understand that there are other factors involved in grades such as the teacher and of course, the student. With all the other stuff you've done and you're good SAT score, you won't have a problem getting into a good school!

Hope this helped!

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. I rather have high SAT scores compared to grades. You should be able to get into a pretty good school with no real problems.

Only question is, what school are you looking for? I'm sure you could get into your state college, but if your looking for something out of state, look into the admissions.

-j

Your SATS seems good, could be better but its good. Just don't worry about this. By the way what you want in your life? I mean, as a job.

My big sis had around that scores too, just chill out till the mail arrived.

peace

Jeff l. Spiegel