summers here, good thing or not?

ok, here's the story: The school year just finished, and i now have two months of summer vacation. Most teens would be happy for this break, but i really am not. Sure, i love summer break, who doesn't, but there are many problems that i have to deal with but i'm not sure how to go about solving them.

The main problem is friends: I have friends (or so i think), but its not a great frienship. In school, we hang out and stuff. But come weekends, i never even get thought of when they are making plans to do stuff. Now its summer and i know they're doing stuff everyday, but i probably won't see them until September. The only form of communication i have with them now is on MSN Messenger.

What am i suppose to say on MSN to get invited to do stuff without sounding like an idiot? And even if i do, there comes another problem. They all live in a different area from me, and are pretty much all living on the same street. So i'm not sure what to do about this because even if i get a drive up there (which my parents wouldn't be happy about) they'll probably chill for an hour then go home for a bit and i'd be stuck haviang to go and home and wouldn't be able to come back.

I know its a confusing situation, but just some hlep on what to say on MSN messenger to get them to remember me when they're making plans would be greatly appreciated.

Just let them know your interested in hanging out. It doesn't have to be as hard as you are making it. Just say "Hey, If you and some friends are ever going out just give me a ring, i'd like more friends to hang out with". If you have to drive way out to see these friends then maybe you should look for some people around your area. Do things that you enjoy and meet people that way. For instance, if you like to play basketball, go to the playgrounds. Whatever it is you like to do, just do it. And don't worry so much about how other people might percieve you, because honestly most people are just like you... cautious about how they are being viewed.

There a few things you can do. One is to ask them to do stuff. You suggest seeing a movie or playing some basketball or whatever.

Now would be a good time also to join a sports team or something. Make new friends! If there are any teens in your neighborhood, get to know them.

Consider joining a church youth group. They tend to do stuff like go camping and have BBQs that seem like they could be a lot of fun.

Good luck!

Just let them know your interested in hanging out. It doesn't have to be as hard as you are making it. Just say "Hey, If you and some friends are ever going out just give me a ring, i'd like more friends to hang out with".

This sounds GOOD ! Just be sure to " FORGET " to mention the part about " i'd like more friends to hang out with "

The poster above me has a GOOD idea as well !

You could always ask them to hang out with you. Go to the movies, mall, play a sport whatever you guys are interested in but if you have no girl friends (as in a female FRIEND) then i wouldnt go to the movies with a bunch of guys thats a little bit weird. I had the same problem 4 years ago but then i just asked them now they ask me to go places before they thought that i didnt like to go places or that i wasent allowed to.