Landlords should give notice before HMO viewings

They are supposed to give 24h notice before viewings of the HMO we live in, however our landlord/agent sent out a generic msg on Monday saying "There will be viewings of the spare rooms going on this week."

I didn't know that would also include the weekend.

I live in a HMO with a shared bathroom. Decided to take a bath, obviously locked the door. My bedroom is literally across from the bathroom and the house is incredibly quiet, all female so usually I walk back to my bedroom in my towels/dressing gown and get changed there.

I was just getting out the bath today and putting the towel around me when I heard the landlord's voice and another voice I didn't recognise. Before I knew it the landlord was explaining where the bathroom was, and tried to open the door even though I had clearly locked it.

I explained I was just changing, and they waited outside. I then had to awkwardly open the door to the landlord and a stranger wrapped in my bath towel and quickly get back to my room.

I think notice should have been provided, and weekends aren't appropriate. Tenants should be allowed quiet enjoyment of their property and privacy. 

7 minutes ago, Amandatorimeating said:

our landlord/agent sent out a generic msg on Monday saying "There will be viewings of the spare rooms going on this week."

It depends on the jurisdiction and situation but yes usually written notice is required before entering apts. Unfortunately sometimes they don't give specific times, just a timeframe.  For example "Monday and Tuesday this week between 9-5 the smoke alarms will be checked in every apt."

Yes I wouldn't even if it were like "We are doing viewings this Saturday between 9-5" but 'over this week' is so vague and literally could be any time. They also didn't need to stand right outside the bathroom, they could've looked at another room. Tbh I don't like it here that much anyway but I've only been living here a month. 

• Sad 1