Is She Into Me?

Hello, all, I ask that you don't judge, as this situation is not only awkward for me, but very confusing, and I would appreciate some sound advice.

Hello! I'm hoping you can help. I was recently let go from my job. (Long story.) That's not why I'm here. A woman with whom I've become acquainted, and would frequent my former place of employment, I believe is interested in me. It started with the little things--smiling whenever she'd see me and laugh whenever I'd tell a joke. A few times, she rubbed my upper arm and started hugging me more frequently.

Once, she came to my house out of the blue and gave me some food because she thought I'd like it. I didn't think anything of it at the time, because I thought she was being nice. A while ago, we were having a conversation and she asks me about my relationship. (I was dating someone at the time.) I told her I was dating someone, but it wasn't working out. We left the conversation at that. The touching on the arm and hugging stopped after that, too.

Now, that I've left my job, she texts me and asks if we could get together. I don't know if she just wants to say goodbye or is generally interested in starting a relationship. There is a 25 year gap between us (I'm 35, she's 60). What should I do about this? And, yes, she is VERY attractive, but I want to make sure I'm not overthinking things before I pursue anything.

1 hour ago, Neem1221 said:

I told her I was dating someone, but it wasn't working out. Now, that I've left my job, she texts me and asks if we could get together. . There is a 25 year gap between us (she's older). What should I do about this? 

How long have you known her?  How old is she? How did she know where you live and why did she come to your house? 

Are you still with your GF? What would you like to see happening? A friendship? Relationship? More importantly. Are you into her?

The only deciding factor for me would be whether or not I'm still committed to my GF.

If so, I'd inform the lady that I'd like to ask her out one day when I'm unattached, but meanwhile, I have current relationship business to attend to.

• Like 1

I mean, I assume that you are not dating your girlfriend anymore since you said that you were dating at the time. And that based on that you can pursue this.

I think she was interested in you and that was pretty obvious. But now after some time, who knows. Get together with her, throw some compliment around and see how she reacts.