How can I know myself better?

I have always believed in the power of self-knowledge and understanding yourself better, and that is why I have been exploring various avenues to learn more about my strengths and weaknesses. The IQ test was just one of many things I tried and it was an interesting experience, to say the least.

So has anyone here tried it or found similar resources?

I would love to hear your opinion and if it has helped you in any way.

7 hours ago, zzdaviddev said:

I have always believed in the power of self-knowledge and understanding yourself better, and that is why I have been exploring various avenues to learn more about my strengths and weaknesses. The IQ test was just one of many things I tried and it was an interesting experience, to say the least.

So has anyone here tried it or found similar resources?

I would love to hear your opinion and if it has helped you in any way.

Here are ways I know myself better -I am 57 and it's a work in progress-isn't it for most people?

Volunteer work -done various forms over the last 43 years.

Watching how I treat strangers, customer service type people and not just observing but actively changing it up if I feel I could be - softer/use different words/listen better (I know my tendencies let's just say - but every situation is different so I learn a lot!)

How I react to different assignments at my job.

How I react to my child -who is now a teenager heaven help us.

How I reacted when I started dating my now husband as opposed to how I reacted in the past to more "thrill of the chase" situations.

What really makes me feel good/satisfied - not what I'm told "should" on social media or not what my friends do for that silly label of "self care" but what makes me happy/content and then knowing how to own that with confidence and no apologies if it is not what "most women" would do for self care.

Watching how I react to health decisions I make daily -exercise/hydration/reasonably healthful food.

Figuring out why it's difficult for me sometimes not to be chatty, why it's difficult to be the kind of great and active listener I want to be

Spirituality - whether it's prayer or attitude is gratitude.

Getting married and becoming a mom and relocating and being unemployed for the first time in 15 years (because I wasn't paid for being a SAHM)  sure taught me a lot about myself since it all happened in the space of less than a year.

Travel -especially challenging travel.

Anything getting out of my comfort zone which I've had to do the last 2 months given my son's new school situation.

I've been an avid reader for over 53 years.  Reading - especially novels - helps me a lot with self-knowledge.  Not a fan of most self help books. Except Alain De Botton -I think his books are amazing for self-knowledge -some consider them self-help but he is a philosopher. Oh and Maya Angelou's book I know why the caged bird sings.

I don't believe in tests for self knowledge.  They can be fun.  I think they're mostly irrelevant to genuine self knowledge.