Does he like me??

So there is this guy who I wasn’t really close to in high school and we only got close after high school since he and my friend go to the same college. I went to visit my friend recently in Tampa and he seemed to be very close to me: Sitting on the arms of my couch, sitting in the hot tub with me, and other stuff like that. We seem to be talking more and more and I’m not sure if he sees me as a friend or something more. I’m not looking for anything sexual, but I’m mainly confused. I’m hoping he doesn’t see me as a body instead of a person. I’m going to Tampa soon to visit my friend again and he will be there. What should I do? Or is there anything going on?

7 minutes ago, Confusedcollegegirl said:

. We seem to be talking more and more and I’m not sure if he sees me as a friend or something more. I’m not looking for anything sexual,.

Do you like him? Are you interested in dating or a distance situation? Just be friendly and polite. Nothing is going to happen that you don't want to happen. 

Do you go to university? Why not get involved in your own campus life and events, clubs, groups, sports and academics? This way you could meet local available guys to date. 

The situation with the friend is best left as it is rather than worrying about having sex with him. He might be down for a hookup, but if that's not what you want,it won't happen. Try not to tie yourself down and enjoy your university years.

• Like 1

I don't know how far apart you two live, but I'm assuming it's a few hours drive or more. A few downsides to this is that relationships that start as long distance have a high risk of failure because the dating is not done at a normal pace--too much time apart and then the times together are too long since one is visiting and it's normally jarring to go from not being together to 24/7 for days or weeks all at once. 

People in college normally have heavy loads of schoolwork so how to fit that in with an LDR would make that even more difficult.

At your age, aren't you meeting large groups of guys your age where you live? If not, why not? I agree with Wiseman that you'll find dating locally easier and more enjoyable.

• Like 2

How do you feel about him?  That's the important question.  If he "likes" you, it's certainly not serious, since he has not done anything to show interest in seeing you or made any moves on you.

Since he has not made moves, I wonder why you're concerned that he might see you "as a body instead of a person."  What gives you that impression?

He's young, he's in college...he just wants to get in your pants. He sits close to you hoping you will have a weak moment, makeout with him, and hope it leads to sex. If he honestly liked you he would ask you out on a date and send time getting to know you. 

remember it's uni...there's a buffet of willing girls. He's looking at this as an "Opportunity" to get some. Young guys don't want to be "just friends". Better hammer it home that he's in the friends zone. 

• Like 1