The saga continues

P33

After an intense disastrous short term relationship at the start of the year I’ve finally found my footing. It was my birthday over a week ago and a very close female friend whom I have history with was supposed to come out with me for a nice lunch, she couldn’t as she has a troubled sibling and adult daughter family life and couldn’t face it. So I went alone and had a fantastic time then went back to hers. She gave me my card which was unusually affectionately worded for her and a gift and we talked. The conversation turned to us and I’ve always found her attractive but not always thought of us romantically involved but this was some of the conversation but we talked about all manner of things as per usual. Recently I’ve noticed her being more vocal regarding how she feels which isn’t like her. On Friday night she text me and we had a normal chat and I told her I love her and she said the same but she said she loves me lots, we do love each other and we both know this. I could almost sense something was changing said I’d been thinking about her a lot and she said the same. Last weekend I couldn’t stop thinking about her and decided I’d have to confess this at the start of the week as we have a very honest relationship, so I told her I was feeling very conflicted us being friends as I’d realised I had some feelings and was considering her as a relationship partner, I was pretty surprised when she responded and said she’d been thinking the exact same. She has relationship anxiety which, being close friends I’m fully aware of. So we talked briefly but openly and honestly and we’re in the same place. I decided to back off a bit and when we spoke again she told me she’d been a bit overwhelmed by it all and needed to put things to one side as it was a lot to process, which it is for me too. She also said what if I’m her person and I’m feeling like I genuinely love this girl although like her it’s a very potent and unusual circumstance. So today I left it and haven’t spoken to her and am slightly uncertain in how to proceed and whether I should just wait for her to resume contact.

thoughts, thanks