How to come to terms with being ghosted in a long term relationship.

22 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

I am sorry you're going through this. 

It sounds like he's cooked up quite an elaborate story about why he's gone and what exactly he's doing there, and then staged a fight as his exit. 

When was the last time you had actually seen each other in person? 

Last time we saw each other was when I went to see him in September.  The plan was that I was going to see him again when he got back in March.

41 minutes ago, Sash12 said:

Last time we saw each other was when I went to see him in September.  The plan was that I was going to see him again when he got back in March.

And it didn't seem strange to you that he was fine going all those months without seeing his own girlfriend? 

Did he at least extend an invitation to you to try to visit him in Asia? 

1 hour ago, MissCanuck said:

And it didn't seem strange to you that he was fine going all those months without seeing his own girlfriend? 

Did he at least extend an invitation to you to try to visit him in Asia? 

It was hard knowing we weren't going to see each other for that long, but it wasn't that weird.  We have gone long periods without seeing each other before.  And for me to go to Asia it would be hard because I have a son and a dog, and it is hard to get someone to watch my dog for that long.  This has always been the hardest part of me going to see him, arranging dog sitting.  I know I have to accept the fact that it is over.  This is the first heartbreak I've had to deal with relationship wise, and damn it's hard.  I don't know if it makes it harder because now I'm older.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
On 12/15/2022 at 10:37 PM, Sash12 said:

And for me to go to Asia it would be hard

Understandable, but that's not what I was asking. What I was asking is if he ever invited you to visit.

Did he? I would have, even if I knew my SO probably couldn't go on a trip like that. I would have made it abundantly clear that they would be welcome any time regardless, so that at least they knew I would love to see them. 

I am getting the sense he didn't do that.