what should I do?

ok, guys, I Just have a question for you all. About a year and a half ago I dated this guy. We only dated for like 3 weeks, because I had just gotten out of a serious relationship and thought I was ready and then realized I wasn't. He was disappointed but understood. We said we'd be friends, but I was being a flighty girl and never returned phone calls, etc. Mostly I just didn't want to lead him on because this guy was so nice. Now it's been a year and a half, and I feel that I am now ready to enter into a relationship, and for some reason i can't get this guy out of my head. We've had a few conversations over the past few years, but didn't really maintain any sort of friendship. I want to call him, just to see if we can grab some coffee and catch up, but I'm kinda scared too. First of all, I'm scared he hates me, because I have grown up alot in the past year and a half... i was immature when we dated and probably didn't handle the whole situation the best... I'm wondering if I should call him, because since we haven't talked for so long, I don't know if he has a girlfriend now, and don't want to intrude... am I just being stupid and should I just call him, or should I just considerate a lesson learned and move on??

Sure, I think you could call him. Make it a friendly and light phone call - you know like, oh - I was just reorganizing my address book, and I came accross your number and I thought i'd give you a call. If he is nice to you on the phone, and doesn't mention having a gf, then sure, suggest that you two meet over coffee sometimes.

Obviously, he may have moved on or has a gf, or whatever. So, don't take it too hard if he doesn't return your call or go to coffee with you. At least you then will know how he feels, and then you can feel that you did everything possible.

Yeah... sometimes, the timing is just off. Good luck!

well, has this situation happened to anyone else? Anyone have any successfull stories where they recindled old flames after over a year? Just curious... I dunno, I guess I've never been much of an initiator when it comes to these things. I always let the guy do the calling, etc... so it feels a little weird to be on the other end now...