men think I am a boy and I want to date.

strebe

I’m not sure what you mean when you say men think you’re a boy, but no one deserves to be cheated on. 

Cheating is a character flaw of the cheater. A person being cheated on has no control over or responsibility for that.

No one can ever be 100% certain about anyone when it comes to cheating, but we do have a responsibility to ourselves to know what character traits we will or won’t accept from someone before allowing ourselves to open up to them emotionally. It’s important to know these things about yourself to reduce your chances of getting hurt. 

13 hours ago, strebe said:

Men think I am a boy. I am always cheated on. 

Cheating has nothing to do with your gender. You're still hurt from the past and you need to be over that before you can happily date again.

As far as your appearance, why do you think men think you are male? What exactly do they say or imply?

• Like 1

Being cheated on by jerks is a reflection of them, not you or your appearance.

OP, I guess the first question about the how you are seen comes down to how you dress and present yourself. Unfortunately in this day and age a lot more emphasis is placed on appearance to determine sex or gender. A woman without a lot of curves, who dresses a lot in jeans, baggy clothes, and with a pixie cut won’t get the same attention.

I have known women who decided to switch up and dress very feminine, change hairstyles and they would get noticed. But they slowly, once they had someone worthwhile, returned to thier normal style. 

Hope this gives you something to ponder, best of luck.

This is on the online-dating subforum so I'm guessing that you mean based on the photos you put on dating profiles men think you are a boy rather then men you meet IRL think you are.

Lots of women have a boyish style, I can see you have short hair. You could always go for more of a typically feminine style but you should sport the look that makes you feel most happy and if you like having short hair then don't change that.

• Like 1