Really confused, please respond

Please i am very confused, I am 17 yrs old, I have been straight my whole life. I never thought of women other than friends, no romantic thougths have ever crossed my mine. Well i met my best friend about a 9 months ago and everything was great we just seemed to click, I mean it was as if she was my friend solemate. Well about a 6 months ago i started to wonder what it would be like if i could kiss her. I just pushed these thoughts away just as soon as they would come. Then I went to prom with the guy that i liked for about a year. Of course my best friend (megan) came along with her date. Well all through prom i couldnt stop taking my eyes off her and i told myself that i would tell her how i felt. Well the time came and i told her. Well amazingly straight as she was she felt the same way. And since then we started dating well its been 5 months and i am madly in love with her. but the only problem is that she is a girl. She is the only girl that i look at in a romantic sense. Actually since this has happened i can't even stand the thought of being with another women. I am still very attractive to men, But i cant get my girlfriend off my mind i love her so much. But i dont want to be like this the rest of my life. I really want to marry the opposite sex but if these feelings dont go away i am tempted to spend the rest of my life with the woman that i love. I am also very afraid that we both will be disowned by our parents who are both strongly against homosexuals. So i guess my problem is that i dont think that i am a lesbian, But i am very much in love with a women. Please if you have any advice or maybe a personal expierence would you please respond.

You could be bi, but you know what? You're young, you have time to experiment and learn more about yourself. It's normal to be a little confused about your sexuality. Don't feel like you have to tell your parents anything, you could change your mind later, and if you're bi, you can, of course still marry a man.

Meeko132

Hi there. I can relate to your story well almost to a tee. I thought I had been straight all my life until this February. My best friend and I came out to one another and admitted that.. Hey we liked each other more than just friend wise. Last year is when I really started liking her but I just pushed those thoughts away. She had a boyfriend and was in love, so I was just being... odd and shouldn't worry about it. This February we started dating. From then on its been a blast. I am madly in love with her and I am happy. My parents however are like yours. They do not accept homosexuality at all. I grew up with the thoughts and mind set that your supposed to be in a guy-girl relationship and I still think that but the feelings for my girlfriend are just so overpowering and now when I look at a guy I don't see what I am supposed. Yes I would like to get with a guy but not in the same way with my girlfriend.

I read your post and it actually scared me that I could relate my feelings to yours with the added creepiness that my name is also Megan, but that is ok.

You could be bi or you could just be sub-consciously telling yourself this is wrong. I do the second one from time to time. I don't really know if this helped at all but I just wanted you to know that I know where you are coming from and that your feelings are shared. If you ever need to talk just PM me or if you have hotmail you can add me.

I hope you do if you need to talk.

Best of luck

Megan( aka playfull06)

The one thing about being with the same sex is not about us but about everyone else. People say it's a choice to be gay but why would one chose to be disowned, stared at, mocked, made fun of, scare people, lose out on hetro rights and privliges and all that other stuff. I am divorced with 2 wonderful children. Do I want to tell them Mommy is with another woman? NO! Do I want to tell my father that I am with a woman? NO! But do I want to go on the rest of my life, the one life God gave me, on what everyone else wants? NO!! So be happy you've found love because some people never find it. Deal with everything else one day at a time. And when everything seems to be too much, lose yourself in your love. Good Luck