Movie-like cliche

Something odd has happened to me recently. Ever since I was younger (about 5 years old), I knew this one girl (her mom was my mom's friend, and we would hang out sometimes). But back then, we suddenly stopped seeing each other for a long time. About 10 years later (recently), I see her again...in my church. Now when I first see her, I'm in a big shock: she "grew" over that time (note: I only saw her as a friend back then, and we are still good friends).

But now that time has passed and we are both teenagers, things have changed just a little. I think I'm starting to have feelings for her, and she is also acting peculiar around me (playful, flirty, etc.). What should I do in this situation. Should I follow my feelings and see if I can bring our life long friendship to a higher level, or should I wait some more and "catch up" as a friend? (We both also go to different schools, so we barely see each other, usually only in church-based activities. However, we both have each others phone numbers, emails, and addresses.)

P.S.- The song "Away" by Breaking Benjamin gets stuck in my head when I think about her, the chorus to the song is a good example of my situation.

(I see you

Cause you won't get of my way

I hear you

Cause you just keep screaming my name

I feel you

Cause you won't stop touching my skin

I need you

They're coming to take you away)

I find myself singing/playing my guitar (or bass) to this song >_

I think you should do some more catching up and then ask her on a friend hang out date sort of thing and if it goes well then maybe a real date (are the two of you allowed to go out yet? if so go for it, just take it slow).

good luck.

Qtpie87

its obvious shes into you. yes catch up as friends but do it while flirting lol! wat im saying is theres no need to be "just a friend" type of mannor ya no? and i think catching up could be part of dating....it would be a great date. if you two have feelings for eachother why not!

lol, I like the way you think goddess23 . And actually, we would randomly through flirty things at each other.

(M(me): *pokes her

H(her): Do that again, and Ill bite you

M: Sounds kinky

H: *bites my shoulder

M: *tickles her

and from there, were usually on top of each other for a few minutes doing these things.)

And ya...I should probably do that, but I haven't yet .

Yeah, you hit on the spot, man! Excellent roleplaying.

She acting flirty towards you so I would respond in kind..and wait and see what develops. Since you're literally in two different worlds (such as different schools) I would try to make the most out of each time that you see her. Make it interesting, fun, and you'll have that solid connection.

That's how the seemingly "impossible" relationships turn out to be possible in the end.. no matter how far apart you are or how different your situations are, if she thinks that spending time with you is like a much-needed break from the daily grind, then you're in good shape.

Good advice sfboi415, and I have tried that.

(last sunday at church, she and I worked together to help make gifts and such for mother's day.) Although we did have some fun, it was in church (not the right place ), and thats sometimes the most out of a day we can have .