There is this girl I dated for 3 and a half weeks my freshman year of college. She was beautiful and funny but I think I was just overwhelmed having fun and didn't want to date so I dumped her. I talked to her roomates to find out how she was and they said she was a little down. I later talked to her and we tried being friends. Well, that was 10 years ago and after that freshman year I moved on to a different college and on with life. About three weeks ago, she found my twin sister's email address in the alumni directory and asked my sister to fwd her email to me. Basically, she just wanted to catch up on what's new so we have been exchanging emails for 3 weeks. Here is the point: She wants to get drinks this Thursday, which isn't a problem, but she is now married and lives like 7 miles from me, which I never knew. Do I assume she is guilty of something bad and not meet her after 10 years or give her a chance and meet as friends and "catch up" in person? To give you background info on her, she is very sweet and has a geniune heart, as do I. I never heard anything bad about her for the time I did know her and I am a very morale person that would never do anything bad to begin with.

Erm... I dunno about drinks. Just because if she's contacting her ex (you), things may not be going so well in her marriage, and maybe she's looking to start something. It just sounds like something to stay away from.

I would suggest lunch, or perhaps coffee, but alcohol... I don't know about that....

Good luck!