Struggling with no contact

jenberry

Let's say you have a bad reaction to shellfish. You eat it, it makes you sick, maybe gives you hives or breathing difficulties. You like shellfish, but you know what would happen if you eat it.

Would it make sense for you to eat shellfish the next time you're hungry?

Same thing with reaching out to him when you're feeling lonely, want companionship, whatever. You know what's going to happen, you know he's going to be selfish or insensitive or dismissive, so why expect him to soothe you?

I don't remember, are you moving back to where your family and friends are?

Let's say you have a bad reaction to shellfish. You eat it, it makes you sick, maybe gives you hives or breathing difficulties. You like shellfish, but you know what would happen if you eat it.

Would it make sense for you to eat shellfish the next time you're hungry?

Same thing with reaching out to him when you're feeling lonely, want companionship, whatever. You know what's going to happen, you know he's going to be selfish or insensitive or dismissive, so why expect him to soothe you?

I don't remember, are you moving back to where your family and friends are?

Hi Boltinrun,

This is a great analogy. I'm going to think of my ex as a prawn (which I despise)! I am indeed moving back to Scotland, but not for 4 months until my lease runs out where I currently am. Plus I am having a surgical procedure in May so there's no chance to move sooner unfortunately xx

Archived