The tangled web I weave

confused994

I’ve been numb in my marriage for 2 years due to some unfaithfulness on his end. Now of course he wants to try and fix it all this time later but I’m broke.

well -- you are not THAT numb if you have an infant daughter. You weren't too numb to make a baby with your husband. I don't think you are telling the whole truth -- i think that you got a little thrill out of this guy after being bored from staying at home, not having made friends in your new town, being resentful for moving, dealing with postpartum stuff, and sure, if your husband was unfaithful - but has been faithful for over two years and has tried to/wants to go to counseling with you - its just easier to latch onto some guy and get some kicks rather than wade through the muck that is sometimes marriage. Why not cut all ties with this playboy (i think you want to be caught if he works with or for your husband) and be more honest -- do some volunteering or go to networking meetups in your field (there are even "coworking spaces" that have childcare) to have appropriate grownup conversations. That way you are not looking for someone to rescue you. I think that if you made the decision to have a baby with and move to another town with your husband you should at least go to counselig. If you split, you will at least need to be amicable coparents

Archived