Stalking to get closure??

This is based in one modality which I believe to be quite effective called 'Exposure Therapy' (ET)....although ET is best served by a trained counselor and with the right support.

It is a popular therapy to treat PTSD and Complicated Grief, which sadly a lot of us fall into when a breakup occurs.

can be dire and dangerous.

I think it’s so important to always challenge conventional wisdom. We are always learning that what we once thought was concrete is no longer true.

I think the answer is to figure out what it takes to make YOU heal. It won’t be the same for everyone. We should also be careful with our advice on these forums as people generally come here broken and willing to take ANY advice. We shouldn’t assume that our own personal experiences will directly translate to them.

Just try and remember.. there will be good days where you feel like you've moved on, but it takes a long time to truly feel that. Inevitably, you'll end up feeling like you are starting over in the grieving process. One day at a time, which sounds empty, but it's true.

It is different for everyone, though. I urge you to stay on the path of NC.

Archived