Physical Violence Provocation??

Centain1988

LOL, assaulting women is in your DNA and an evolutionary must for males in general?

I think that is the most extreme part of how to interpret mate guarding behavior, as violence as the on;y means to achieve it, and that is not true. I would say it is the pathological part of it, but it also includes protectiveness, and supporting the family. There are other strategies too, the exact opposite of mate guarding behavior. This could also be advantageous and that is to have someone else look after your DNA and to abandon the family. This way you are not risking your neck or spending resources. The behavior is still being inherited onto your offspring either way.

Where you say I am correct is not what I was saying at all. Again you are taking the most extremes in behavior and major defects in the brain. I agree to say that violence is the only way to keep a mate would be absurd, but it does happen. I am not sure if you were aware but DV does happen, but it rarely happens in post menopausal women, and there are reasons for that.

LOL, assaulting women is in your DNA and an evolutionary must for males in general?

What is also not true about this statement is that assaulting women is true for males in general. That is not what I said. I said one type of violence is more or less equal between men and women, and that is when someone loses their temper and it turns violent. Then I said another is a type of mate guarding behavior which is more or less a male phenomena. That is again not the same as saying that this is behavior true of men generally. What I said was where you see that type of behavior is is much more likely to be in men. We are still talking a relatively small number in men generally.

• 1 month later...

My therapist says I tended to “negatively engage” with my abusive ex. He definitely was abusive but I did push him. I think we were both unhealthy though. DV is a cycle. It’s hard to get out. I’m working on myself but I’m never ignoring the red flags that narcissist wave at the beginning of a relationship again. I grew up in a violent home so him being violent triggered me.

Archived