I just got off the phone with my Father, and I am in awe right now. I really don't know what to think... So I am going to appologize in advance for how long this is going to be; here we go:

My family is a "normal" family. My Mother is a Homocide detective (she is on A&E the show called 48- if you follow it she is Detective Titus), my Father was in the Navy for 30 years, retired in 2002 was very high up loved his job, awesome father, love him to death. My parents however got a divorce when I was young, my Father moving to all over the country and my Mom and I and my brother lived in Texas. My father remarried to a woman named Rachel, she was young and pretty but I liked her, she was nice and didn't want to have kids because she thought that Dustin (my brother) and I were enough, and so did my Father- even though we didn't live with them, and I liked that. Anyways, my Father was married to her for 12 years until just recently, like in December of this past year. When I asked my Father why it happened he was fague and said that it was too much and he would explain when the divorce was final or when I saw him in person. Well I haven't seen my Father since then and today I was talking to him he called to see if I was ok and how my surgery went and all that jazz and to congradulate me on Law School. In the conversation he was talking about how his divorce was going to be final on the 24th of this month and that my step-mother- Rachel might be going to jail. I was like- what?? So I pulled it out of him for him to tell me the story here it goes, you aren't going to believe this one;

My Father and Rachel were married for 12 years. He retired in 2002 and since then works for my GrandFather (my real Mom's Dad) he owns part of GMC and so my Father works at night in the plant. WELL- one afternoon while my Dad is sleeping he gets a call (this is thursday in october) it's from a detective in Canada looking for a woman named Misty Lane- my Father is like, sorry you have the wrong number, the detective then says well do you know anyone by the name Stacy? And my Father is like that is my last name. The detective goes, well you might want to sit down, and goes on to tell him that a woman named Misty Lane married a man named Brad Rideout in Canada a few weeks back but after the wedding disappeared. He described her to my Father, and sure enough it fit the description of my step mother, my father asked for pictures and the detective sent them to my Dad the next day. Sure enough they were her, my Dad was like wtf?? So he calls ( this is friday now) Rachel my step-mom and confronts her. She says its a misunderstanding and it's not her, Dad says ok..... Rachel comes home that night after work, my Dad is gone to work and packs her stuff and disappears for two months. Yeah, my Dad called the police and everything. Hired a private detective to find out her where abouts- assuming Canada with her "husband". Now during those two month my Dad is wigging out, this doesn't happen. WELL in Decemeber he gets a call on a Sunday from someone looking for Misty Lane. my Dad is like hi Brad, my name is Mike I am Rachels husband for 12 years and from what I thought we had a great relationship please don't call here again I filed for divorce, blah blah blah. The guy on the other end is like no, this is Mike Chris, and I am supposed to marry Misty-Rachel- in October 2005. Now my Dad is like what?? She is married to me, and a guy in Canada Brad, and now is engaged to this guy too?? So they got together and Mike Chris gave my Dad emails, pictures, poems, pictures of the wedding ring- THIER WEDDING INVITATION!! So then my Dad gets curious and runs a credit report on himself- she had taken out 15 credit cards in a two month period- while she dissappeared- and rang up $80,000 in debt in my Fathers name!! It gets crazier by the minute!! So my Father calls and puts a stop on all of the credit cards and all that stuff, calls the police. Now, their hearing is on May 24th and my Father is pressing all kinds of charges, criminal charges in Canada and the US, for all kinds of things. She told the first guy in Canada that my Father was dead- that he died in Guam (we lived there for a year) in a helicopter accident, and that she HAS CANCER and that's why she traveled to Indiana all the time (where my Father and her lived) to get treatment. This whole time my Father is thinking she is - ok well my Step-mother Rachel's parents own a beauty school in Indiana and she teaches there and goes around the US in a program called cut it out- how to teach stylists to pickup on spousal abuse since girls tell their stylists everything- anyhow my Father thinks she is doing that, and that their relationship is fine!!!!!! They never fought- nothing. Even just renewed their vows a couple years ago.

This is all so crazy to me, I don't even know what to think. What is crazy, is that you can't even make stuff like that up- that's how crazy it is. And for my Father to have to go through all of that alone because he didn't want to tell my brother and I because it was so messed up! I mean seriously, we had an almost puke perfect family. My Father and Mother got along perfect, and me and my brother and step mom and everything. I am astounded. I hope she goes to jail for a long time!!

Again, sorry this is so long. I don't have things that are really messed up in my life, I am in a great relationship and going to now law school full time, have a great relationship with my family- and that is way too much for me to comprehend right now!! Don't you think??

PS I told my Dad to submit it to Lifetime- because it's so crazy and he's going to!! lol

Holy Crow!

That's quite a story. I really feel for your father, I've heard of women like Rachel and it's really unfortunate that he got mixed up with her, esp for 12 years!

Hopefully he will not be found responsible for the charges she ran up and she will be spending time in jail, where she belongs.

• 8 months later...

Geex, I was thinking, "only in the movies" but this is even weirder than the movies! I feel really sorry for you and your dad, the best thing you can do now is to show him love and support ( but I know you already do that). Keep us posted, It would be great if she get's the punishment she deserves!

• 2 years later...

You should consider yourself lucky that you don't know everything that she has done....She was engaged to 5 people at once and "married" to 2. She also pretended to be pregnant and get money from guys for abortions...and that's just the tip of the iceberg...as for a current update, she is married yet again....this time to some poor guy Wilson....hope he smartens up.......and yes, I fell for her lies too......

• 2 months later...