you're a million dollar diamond

Excellent advice! And you are that diamond.

Coincidentally, I did just do something great.... I’ve booked a beach holiday with one of my best girlfriends. It’s not for 6 months (unfortunately!), but I think that’s far enough in the future for me to aim to be “OK” by then (Lambert and SweetGirl, you were both very helpful Friday with my post about breaking NC, which I’m pleased to say I’ve not done).

And I do feel better for doing this for myself, so yep, that’s great advice!

Happy weekend to you all.

xxx

laundry does count. clean undies!

here's something hilarious that happened to me today. I went with couple of friends for lunch and we needed to get back to my apartment to pick up a package. Are one friend dropped us at the door and went to turn the car around.

For some reason I couldn't get the key to work. And I know that in the past sometimes the lock gets stuck. So I tell my friend you try. So we can the door and go to go up to my place. We get to my apartment number and there's a Easter wreath on the door. But I don't have an Easter wreath on my door.

Lo and behold we were in the wrong building! Boy was that a good laugh

Excellent advice! And you are that diamond.

Coincidentally, I did just do something great.... I’ve booked a beach holiday with one of my best girlfriends. It’s not for 6 months (unfortunately!), but I think that’s far enough in the future for me to aim to be “OK” by then (Lambert and SweetGirl, you were both very helpful Friday with my post about breaking NC, which I’m pleased to say I’ve not done).

And I do feel better for doing this for myself, so yep, that’s great advice!

Happy weekend to you all.

xxx

Good for you! I did that once also, and when I say some stories are better left as a silent secret between gf's, I mean it! Lol

So I hope you make some fun, secret memories on yours! Be safe though! There's nothing like a nice getaway with a good friend to break the hurt, even though it's a while off yet. And hopefully you'll be far enough along in healing to enjoy some new "scenery" while there wink wink :)

Stick to NC, each day gets easier, even though you may get set backs in between.

laundry does count. clean undies!

here's something hilarious that happened to me today. I went with couple of friends for lunch and we needed to get back to my apartment to pick up a package. Are one friend dropped us at the door and went to turn the car around.

For some reason I couldn't get the key to work. And I know that in the past sometimes the lock gets stuck. So I tell my friend you try. So we can the door and go to go up to my place. We get to my apartment number and there's a Easter wreath on the door. But I don't have an Easter wreath on my door.

Lmao!!! Me thinks that you girls had one too many mimosas with lunch! :tongue:

Ha ha, I’ll share some holiday stories when I get back..... if I can !!!!! I’ll let you know what the scenery was like :)

Lambert - I’m so pleased you weren’t caught for breaking and entering today!

we had greyhounds.... gin and grapefruit.... yummy! lol

sweetgirl: I've been thinking about what you said about possibly hearing for my ex and I started convincing myself I would get really smart back with my reply. Since you and I have so much of the same history it seems. I think you will appreciate this.

My thoughts are really about how when you do the same thing over and over again that is the definition of insanity. So maybe if he did reach out to me. I'd make it really hard for him to talk to me. And if he never contact me again then who cares? Maybe that's all we can hope for is that he does not contact me

we had greyhounds.... gin and grapefruit.... yummy! lol

sweetgirl: I've been thinking about what you said about possibly hearing for my ex and I started convincing myself I would get really smart back with my reply. Since you and I have so much of the same history it seems. I think you will appreciate this.

My thoughts are really about how when you do the same thing over and over again that is the definition of insanity. So maybe if he did reach out to me. I'd make it really hard for him to talk to me. And if he never contact me again then who cares? Maybe that's all we can hope for is that he does not contact me

I agree. I was a bit distant with mine and he kept contact. It's only when I let my guard down and got nicer that he started pulling back, but threw the sex offer out there. He's been dead silent again for two weeks, so whatever. He's deleted. And honestly I don't think I'll ever reply to him again. I'm just......done. I want a real man with real values and real commitment and honestly I don't even need his friendship, I get nothing from it, but he gets his ego stroked. It's not like I'm benefitting at all, and friendships are a two way street. I don't need the occasional "whatcha doin wanna have sex " ummm, no, no I don't. I can do that with just about anyone. Thanks though, enjoy your new women! Lol :p

I still think you'll hear from him, they most always make a return when they get curious enough. It's about the time where he will be missing you. But yes, be aloof, not interested, and turn the tables on him. He really does not deserve you to even acknowledge him. In all honesty, mine didn't deserve my acknowledgement either.

I agree. I was a bit distant with mine and he kept contact. It's only when I let my guard down and got nicer that he started pulling back, but threw the sex offer out there. He's been dead silent again for two weeks, so whatever. He's deleted. And honestly I don't think I'll ever reply to him again. I'm just......done. I want a real man with real values and real commitment and honestly I don't even need his friendship, I get nothing from it, but he gets his ego stroked. It's not like I'm benefitting at all, and friendships are a two way street. I don't need the occasional "whatcha doin wanna have sex " ummm, no, no I don't. I can do that with just about anyone. Thanks though, enjoy your new women! Lol [emoji14]

I still think you'll hear from him, they most always make a return when they get curious enough. It's about the time where he will be missing you. But yes, be aloof, not interested, and turn the tables on him. He really does not deserve you to even acknowledge him. In all honesty, mine didn't deserve my acknowledgement either.

its been about a month and a half (more or less.)

not really knowing how he is during a break up, i don't think he is going to reach out. anyway, i don't think i owe him anything. after the way he treated me (dumped me flat for no reason of my own) it's hard to say.

he punished me for what his POS ex wife did. so maybe he should call her or maybe he is.... he's not focused on me at all.

i tend to think he's relieved to be away from me and probably thinks he did the right thing. he'll find happiness again, but not with me. if he is dating someone now, they won't be happy. but he will again. and if he can, i can, too.

o well! happy Monday! traveling for work today and will be gone all week. nice change of scenery well help, as I've been on the roller coaster- of feelings. having fun but still sad about it. feeling like will i ever find the right guy.... miss being happy with someone.

its been about a month and a half (more or less.)

not really knowing how he is during a break up, i don't think he is going to reach out. anyway, i don't think i owe him anything. after the way he treated me (dumped me flat for no reason of my own) it's hard to say.

he punished me for what his POS ex wife did. so maybe he should call her or maybe he is.... he's not focused on me at all.

i tend to think he's relieved to be away from me and probably thinks he did the right thing. he'll find happiness again, but not with me. if he is dating someone now, they won't be happy. but he will again. and if he can, i can, too.

o well! happy Monday! traveling for work today and will be gone all week. nice change of scenery well help, as I've been on the roller coaster- of feelings. having fun but still sad about it. feeling like will i ever find the right guy.... miss being happy with someone.

Ya, no turn backs. There's someone better out there for you, even though it's hard dating, most especially after having felt a strong connection with the ex. Be safe, I hope you're going someplace with nice weather for work :smug:

Ya, no turn backs. There's someone better out there for you, even though it's hard dating, most especially after having felt a strong connection with the ex. Be safe, I hope you're going someplace with nice weather for work :smug:
no luck..... ohio. lol
When I told my girlfriend about my break-up. She said totally his loss you are a million-dollar diamond!

She was right. You are, too! Do something today for yourself and be glad even if just for two seconds.

I love friends who are uplifting :)

But it's going to be laundry for me too, today :|

Which reminds me, I'd better get started....

Haha! That's awesome.

Something like that happened to me once, but with a car. I'd taken my mom's car to work one day. At the end of the day, I walked to the car, but the remote wouldn't unlock it. I heard beep-beep, but the door wouldn't open. I tried over and over again. I even tried the key in the door. Nothing.

Then, as I was standing there scratching my head, I heard beep-beep again, and this time I also heard the door unlock. But I hadn't pressed the button!

I figured it must have been a delayed reaction with the remote. So, I opened the door. There was a weird-ass towel on the driver's seat. I was like, wth? I stood up straight and looked around. A man was walking towards me. This was his car! I looked around and saw my mom's car parked a row over!! So I smiled and apologized and went to the correct car :)

Archived