Bf going to party without me

Latinagirl

The first question is WHY can't you go? (You said at first you were invited, then you weren't. What changed?)

The second question is WHY did your bf SAY he'd never attend a party without you, then break that promise?

Those are my issues. It's NOT ABOUT you needing to go EVERYWHERE your BOYFRIEND goes. (That's actually needy and unhealthy.) It's about him SAYING ONE thing, then CHANGING it. That makes it seem suspect.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this is such an odd story and not one you can respond to unless you read ALL of it, as the plot thickens! My take is that the wife has got a bit insecure about you in the past as you are attractive but also you state yourself that you are sociable and lively etc. Is she more of a subdued character than you? I think that as you've invested all this money, pulled strings at work and have generally organized the whole thing (lets face it, you will have done more than your bf as the women usually do) she has become increasingly jealous and insecure about it. Now, a popular, sociable, attractive woman, who is clearly not doing too bad for themselves financially has just organised her husband's party. As others have stated, you are the host! In her mind, everyone will tell you what an amazing party it is, thank you for organising it and in her mind, this party has turned into yours and her husbands party. Have you maybe got carried away and made decisions that have massively put her nose out of joint and just not realised? Has there been some innocent flirty behaviour between you and her husbands at parties in the past that have made her heckles go up, and stay up? The husband may well have made complimentary remarks about you to her that have made her more insecure than you can see justification for.

Please don't think I'm sticking up for her, you simply cannot uninvite the host of a party. But by thinking on a broader level, you might be able to get to the rot of the problem. Like others have said, there has to be more to this!! Hell, she was already insecure about your looks. She hasn't looked at you more recently and upped her opinion on your looks, that was already there, so there must be more to it. Have you had some massive boob job you haven't told us about or something? This just doesn't all fit right. You need to talk to this woman direct. Pretend you know nothing of her silly jealousy and emphatically ask if there is something you have done to upset her. Does she feel left out of the big party arrangements for her husband? Is there something she would like to organise or be part of that will make her feel more part of this. She feels left out, that's what it is I'm sure. I wouldn't want another woman organising my partner's party for sure. But then it's her fault for letting it happen. Damn, if anyone is throwing a party for my man, it's me, end of! If it doesn't work out though, your bf shouldn't go. Also, if he says he's not going then the husband might feel more inclined to talk to his wife and get this sorted. The two man in this situation need to grow a pair and get this sorted. Good luck and please let us know the outcome!

Archived