Hey guys,

Am I the only one who doesn't celebrate national pot smoking day?

Also, right now I feel discouraged because recently I met a lot of people but I find out tonight that a lot of them are celebrating this holiday. I'm not going to judge them because of it or anything but it just discourages me you know? I personally don't ever plan to do drugs.

Should I stop hanging out with these people? Not all of them do it but I would say a good 2/3 or so do it.

Your joking right? People have actually come up with a holiday to celebrate drug use? I weep for humanity, I weep.

They are probably only trying to rationalize and justify doing something they know in there hearts is wrong. They are the ones with a problem. I've seen what drugs do to people, its no joke and its nothing to have a holiday about. You are right for never planning to take drugs, don't lose sight of that. If you want to stop hanging out withthese people, its your call. Do you think you can be around them knowing they do this? Or would that interfere with your personal believes too much?

ShySoul see that's the thing. I really don't know. I mean these people seem pretty cool and all but at the same time it really turns me off that they are doing that stuff. Again I'm not going to judge here. I just don't really know what to do I guess. And yes I really should think for myself in situations like this but I figured I could get some feedback on here.

And yes this holiday does exist. I actually never heard about it until today. I find it ... I dunno ... can't find a good word to describe it.

dude, it's all up to you. we can't tell you who you should befriend.

And try not to be judgemental, even if you don't plan to even take drugs. I'm against drug abuse myself, but I see it somewhat like alcohol. You can enjoy yourself with a small amount, but when you take too much or have it too frequently it can mess up your health, and also make you dangerous to yourself and others. there's a difference between users and abusers.

No, don't stop hanging out with them, just as long as there not selling it. I have lots of friends that smoke pot, that doesn't mean i have to smoke it as well. As for the day, its not really a holiday, its just a monument day for smokers.

Yes, that's what I meant. A monument day for smokers.

Thanks for your feedback.

Another question ... is is true that alchohol is actually more harmful than drugs? If that's the case then I've already done the worst thing possible ... 3 times ...

Well, isn't holiday suppose to be holy days? And I can't think of any way this would be holy so clearly its just some token day created by drug users to try and make themselves feel better. It's still disturbing, despicable and wrong.

Personally, I would stop seeing them. I have no tolerance for drug use and if they won't stop I don't want to get close to people and see them hurting there lives like that. I do judge, not the people but the act. What they are doing isn't right. You have to decide if you can be around people like that. I know its tough and they probably are good people who are making a terrible mistake.

Well I'd stop hanging out with them. The popular thing isn't always right. Though the thing is, if police or anyone gives hints to like a principal or some **** in your school and they catch you hanging out with stoners and not ratting out on them you can get charged for Association. Not sure whether its a felony or not, probably is though. I've never heard anyone call it a misdemeanor.

I honestly think a lot of people who do drugs do it in order to fit in. This is based on my past experiences with friends in high school and college so far. I'm too self-conscious of my own body and myself to ever do such a thing (at least without researching a heck of a lot about it first).

Even if you research it. It's stupid. When you start doing one thing, you become to do harder stuff which screws you up even more. The human psych is to want more, and harder stuff. Like I used to listen to regular oldies type of rock. Then I tryed listening to punk, then I listened to hardcore. And now I listen to 80's metal because apparently, new metal of today scares the **** out of me lol. So there not good period. There's other ways to feel good about yourself than screwing up your life. So you get what I'm saying, we begin to want to progress into harder things to satisfy our cravings.

Yeah, I know thanks . But still don't do it man, some friend of my friend he told me about his friend, and he started smoking weed at age 12 and he's living in the middle of nowhere in Nevada now under watch because he will do anything to get his hands on drugs...yeah don't think you want that and you're in college at UNC so yeah (which is a great college btw and I don't think you want to flunk out).

Well I don't really like all the stress you have to go through to get it the first time. I mean homework SUCKS in high school. The teachers have no life and they pile and pile on your arms till your knees get weak and break on yourself lol. Might as well just get C's and B's and get through CC first. I mean your supposed to have fun as a kid right? So why not be an adult and work hard then? (Doesn't mean I'm going to get straight F's or anything.)

It'd be nice to have those grades, too bad the teachers suck. Sounds like a big excuse but they don't make sure everyone learns, they go and teach at their own pace they feel comfortable with (blabbing out of their mouth fast and don't make sure everyone gets it). I mean you got to make sure the laid-back people that think slow learn. (Just because you think slow doesn't mean your dumb, as the saying goes "The person who laughs before everyone else right after someone tells a joke is really the idiot not the guy who laughs 3 seconds later" or something like that don't remember the exact phrase.)

College isn't any different buddy.

That's how you get good grades. By analyzing what the professor wants out of the students at the expense of possibly learning invalid or wrong content. I find myself spending more time editing a paper to fit what the professor wants than actually writing it out.

However there are some great professors at every college that are about quality and not quantity.

To be honest, drug use/abuse is a controversial subject to people, and it all comes down to what your moral standards are. However, I think there are some small opinions of mine that I would like to state, which I hope most people can agree on, since I believe that they are true.

Drugs as an object are not evil, stupid or wrong. They are just a category of chemical substances, some of which occur naturally in nature, some are artificially made.

Evil, stupid, or wrong, as it pertains to drugs, is applied on how people decide to use drugs.

It is possible for people to abuse drugs, and harm themselves. Ie, excessive amounts of Heroin causing bodily damage, possibly even death.

Drugs can also be used in more constructive ways. Ie, pain relievers which cause no, minimal, or unpermanent bodily damage. Sleeping gas for certain situations, eg, medical operations.

That's all I want to say now.

I just think that whole 4:20 "Holiday" Is a Joke....I know some people like are alll excited about today, to me its just another day. They are just looking for some excuse to go out and really party and get really messed up. I have no idea what the big deal is, but maybe thats because im not into that. Im not knockin you if you do it, whatever it is your choice, but I just think it's silly to get excited about something just makes you lazy and fat...lol. Thats just my opinion!

Well, isn't holiday suppose to be holy days? And I can't think of any way this would be holy so clearly its just some token day created by drug users to try and make themselves feel better. It's still disturbing, despicable and wrong.

Who gets to decide what's "holy" to a group? I'm against the moronic notions of religion in all shapes and forms and to me, Easter and Christmas aren't holy?

But I'm not up in arms claiming that Christians use these days to make themselves feel better.

Perhaps some tolerance and acceptance and an escape from your closed in, conservative mind would help?

Learn to respect that we all have different values and to marijuana smokers, the 20th of April is significant.