Ex got engaged 4 months after I moved out

Help!!! I have been posting here since 2011 and am in the process of healing from a toxic relationship that I finally got out of. My ex overlapped with another girl and was in a relationship within a week of me moving. He is now engaged to this girl and I'm feeling terribly distraught. We were engaged for 2 years and his lack of interest in the wedding was always a point of contention. Is this girl really his 'true soulmate'? He told me he knew the day he met me he would marry me- and now he feels the same about the very next chick??? How can someone move on like this?

How can someone move on like this?

Healthy well adjusted people don't get engaged to the first person that crosses their path post relationship breakup.

Don't forget that.

You yourself stated your relationship was toxic. Don't think for a minute he left and was able to participate in a better one.

He told me he knew the day he met me he would marry me

Considering everything, you should have expected it, right?

It's just what he does

Be thankful it's her problem now and not your.

Healthy well adjusted people don't get engaged to the first person that crosses their path post relationship breakup.

Don't forget that.

You yourself stated your relationship was toxic. Don't think for a minute he left and was able to participate in a better one.

Considering everything, you should have expected it, right?

Absolutely. I joked when I first heard of their relationship that they would likely get married- everyone around me was like Holy Cow you so called this! It's pretty messed up in my opinion. Thank you so much for the response.

Archived