Is there any hope?

Dana25

6 months ago I was engaged to someone and we were deeply in love .. Our engagement was based on a really deep love. He and his family loved and respected me a lot. But there were some traits in his personality that made my dad say that we must end this relationship. My dad was right but his dicision damaged me literally. My fiancé did nothing; he talked witg my dad twice then he told me we have to end this!!! I was shocked because he didnt do much to save me ... After that he didnt delete my number or my fb account .. Even my dad's number is still in his contacts. He kept seeing my statuses and i was seeing his; then one day i sent something on whatsapp to him by mistake.. And since that moment we started to talk again... He told me that he loves me so much and that period was the worst in his life.. He told me millions of lovely things and we were together again... But he said that his parents were looking for a girl for him.. He sat with his parents to tell them that we still love each other and we want to come back again but his mother refused because they now hate my father .. He end up telling me that we will never be married ! Because he will never talk with my father and my father will never do that .. I told him okay as u wish

After 2 weeks he wrote in fb that he is engaged.. Arranged marriage.. Everyone was shocked even his friends .. He seems like he forgot me but he didnt delete me 😫 he spends hours with her on whatsapp but there are no photos or anything

Please tell me this means that he forgot me ? Is there any tiny hope ?

Agree that you need to let this guy go. There is no future between the two of you. Also, do yourself a favor and be the one to block him so you don't keep following what's going on in his life. Give yourself a chance to heal and move on. Also, this may be an arranged marriage, but he is agreeable to it and he is spending his time getting to know his future bride.

Besides, whatever character issues he has, by your own admission, your father was correct to notice them, so you are very likely dodging a bullet here. He isn't your lost love, he is a problem you are lucky to avoid.

Agree that you need to let this guy go. There is no future between the two of you. Also, do yourself a favor and be the one to block him so you don't keep following what's going on in his life. Give yourself a chance to heal and move on. Also, this may be an arranged marriage, but he is agreeable to it and he is spending his time getting to know his future bride.

Besides, whatever character issues he has, by your own admission, your father was correct to notice them, so you are very likely dodging a bullet here. He isn't your lost love, he is a problem you are lucky to avoid.

Thank you, you really made me feel better.. ❤❤ but if block him; won't it seem like I'm weak and cannot stop myself from knowing his news? I always regard block as a sign of weakness .. If I'm strong I won't think of him even if he is around

Thank you, you really made me feel better.. ❤❤ but if block him; won't it seem like I'm weak and cannot stop myself from knowing his news? I always regard block as a sign of weakness .. If I'm strong I won't think of him even if he is around

Nope, being smart and exercising proper boundaries is never weak. Continuing to follow him actually makes it look like you are still pining for him like some desperate groupie - willing to settle for scraps just to somehow stay in his orbit. That's weak....and desperate. Besides, not like he is going to get some announcement that you blocked him. He isn't even likely to notice as he is busy with his bride to be, his wedding arrangements and otherwise moving on with his life. You are no longer a part of that so it would actually be polite to step away no matter what. Keep in mind also, that whatever personality issues he has, he might be the kind of a man who will contact you later to cheat, so he is leaving that door open. It's on you to shut it and the sooner the better. Avoids drama.

Nope, being smart and exercising proper boundaries is never weak. Continuing to follow him actually makes it look like you are still pining for him like some desperate groupie - willing to settle for scraps just to somehow stay in his orbit. That's weak....and desperate. Besides, not like he is going to get some announcement that you blocked him. He isn't even likely to notice as he is busy with his bride to be, his wedding arrangements and otherwise moving on with his life. You are no longer a part of that so it would actually be polite to step away no matter what. Keep in mind also, that whatever personality issues he has, he might be the kind of a man who will contact you later to cheat, so he is leaving that door open. It's on you to shut it and the sooner the better. Avoids drama.

I blocked him .. Thank u.. Ur words really helped me ❤❤❤

Archived