How do I know if my friend is gay?

Someperson1128

Ok first things first I am not gay but I fully support LGBT rights. Ok so I've known my best friend since 3rd grade and just recently we have been talking to each other about LGBT rights and our thoughts on the situation and we agreed that we've both support people and who they are. Ever since we've talked about it he is saying things like I would go gay for this YouTuber or I would go gay for this guy ect. And he kinda like lays next to me and puts his head on my shoulder when I'm next to him... But only when it's just us and Everytime I stay the night at his house he insist that we sleep in the same bed next to each other and he lays right next to me and does that thing where he digs his head between me and my arm so I end up with my arm around him. I can't really tell if he's just playing around or serious. And my parents don't know that I support LGBT there very old fashion if you know what I mean. What do you think I should do?

I don't really understand the question.

Being supportive of LGBT rights is not the same as cuddling with someone who you think might be LGBT. You can be loving and supportive without cuddling.

Is it that you are uncomfortable with the situation? Then you just need to assert your boundaries and say "no" to cuddling together or sleeping in the same bed.

Is it that you are hoping to experiment or take it somewhere? Then rather than ask him/her to

come out, you should just be vulnerable yourself and express your thoughts.

This is a strange analogy - but cyclist rights is a big thing in my city. They want more bike lanes and more laws/consideration on the roads. I can recognize it's the right thing to do and be supportive of their plight (even raise money, stand up for them, be vocal about the issues, etc) without riding a bike or taking up cycling. It's not the same thing.

Archived