Getting to find girls "like me"

I'm 15 years old, bisexual, and I'm in 9th grade. I'm always wondering- Where do I meet other girls like me? Other than going through the whole proccess of meeting someone, getting to know them, and embarrassing myself when I ask them if they "like me" or just if they like other girls. I guess I'm willing to do that but around 75% of my friends are guys. And not even that I would be looking for someone to date in my school... even outside of school would be nice to meet someone. The thing is, I just don't know where to go at this age. I can't just walk into a gay bar... I'm only 15. Maybe I just have to wait and meet different people, and when the time comes I can see if I'm willing to ask them if they like girls, have ever had a fantasy, etc... I'm sorry if I made this all unclear. I just feel like at this age bisexual girls are still hiding in the shadows... or closet for that matter. This might just be a problem with no solution. I just wanted to know what everyone thought. Thanks!

I'm sorry that this doesn't help you, but I'm in the same boat as you if it helps you feel less alone. I have no clue on how to find other people like me or how to approach them. But I think, in time, the courage and security to do it will finally come.

Good luck to you, I hope you find peace with someone.

^_^

Brandon

I feel the same, and even though i'm 17 and go out to pubs and clubs and stuff, id be terrified of going to a gay bar. dont know if thats normal or not but yeah. still trying to determine my sexuality, though im pretty sure i like girls. but how can i gain experience if i dont meet people 'like me'? it's all so complicated.

xx

heh. I too am a 15 year old bisexual female in 9th grade....agh it seems like all we're going to get out of this is us joining together in a big post. I don't think theres too much that any of us can do...its just no easy...

most girls in my school are straight, and the ones who claim being bi don't really seem sure of it, which makes me uncomfortable. *sigh* where are they all at??

empty

The best advice I can give you all is just to come out. Be open and proud, it puts you out there a lot but trust me, any crap people give you won't matter at all and in less than a month it'll be old news and you'll be looking at a lot more action from the other team.

At your age there are a lot of people that are curious but afraid to act on it. When you wave that rainbow flag around it's like a magnet to other gay/bi people. Even if they're not out.

Another thing that I've noticed is that at that age, when you proclaim your sexuality without fear and show no insecurity about it, people don't tease you.

Kids feed on the insecurity of others, but if you don't show that insecurity they won't get the reaction and it won't be worth it to them. But don't go for the "I'm bi, screw you all I don't care what you think" thing, that will only make people intimidated or just freaked out by you in general.

Go for the "I'm bi, how YOU doin?" approach.

I wish I had come out when I was younger, I'd have less trouble finding girls now =p

The longer you're out the more comfortable you are and the easier it is to meet others like you.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 20 and Bi. I am only sorta open about it. I never want to make people uncomfortable around me so I kinda just talk as if it were no big deal. All of my friends know that I don't care wether I fall in love with a man or a woman and that I'm really "free spirited". what they don't know is that all of the people I'm attracted to and/or dream about are female. I guess i just leave out those bits so i dont freak them out.

I'm in the same boat...I'm 19 and bi. And I'm at a giant university, so you'd think I'd be able to find some people like myself, but i've been too busy with school (and not living on campus) to really do all the pride/lgbt rally stuff. But I seriously hate crushing on straight girls...so what to do?

I think I need to develop my "gaydar"...but how?

hey im 17 and bi, so same boat as all of you, but i guess i have some luck. but thats only cause i was lucky, i kinda just ease my way into it, like friends of mine arent into girls but are willing to give it a go, and since they know im up for it, i get to be the one they try. thats happened twice, and i ended up going out with one of them. but its seriously the hardest thing to do, like its full mind games and stuff to find out if your getting any where or just making a really good friendship with someone. im not that embarrassed about going into gay bars cause like its not like anyone in there will look down on you for being bi lol honestly. for you who are over 18, just drink a bit then go for it, who cares, see what its like. i cant wait, i just want to be 18!!