Is this a (bad) sign?

RockSolid

Hi everyone,

So this woman I've been re-interested in after having NC for 2.5 years is acting kind of strange. As always, it's inconclusive so I'm writing here in the hopes someone can decode her behavior. She's been away for the summer so we've been communicating via email. Only thing is she only ever writes every 3-4 days. It started off every other day but then she slowed down her responses. We always ask each other questions, so the corresponding continues but very slowly on her side, even if I write back to her the next day.

What do you all think of this? Is it a sign she's not interested?

Sounds like you're a very slow mover and are scared to get an answer about if she'd like to start dating you. Why not ask her if she'd like to go on a date when she returns? You'll get your answer and be able to emotionally invest or move on according to her answer.

Sounds like she may be busy or doesn't want to build some sort of electronic relationship. Many people don't want a pen pal or text buddy, they want a real life person in their life.

If you have her number give her a call one evening when you know she should be free to talk and see how she is doing and then bring up getting together on a real date when she returns and see what she says.

Then you will know.

Hiding behind a keyboard is no way to get to know how she feels...

Lost

All of your suggestions are so helpful. I really think she is anti electronics so you really might be right in thinking she's trying to avoid that. We've been guilty of that in the past too.

MissCanuck: we were out of touch due to a huge fight. She reinitiated contact with an apology. I then suggested we hang out which we did and then she was away for the summer.

All of your suggestions are so helpful. I really think she is anti electronics so you really might be right in thinking she's trying to avoid that. We've been guilty of that in the past too.

MissCanuck: we were out of touch due to a huge fight. She reinitiated contact with an apology. I then suggested we hang out which we did and then she was away for the summer.

And how did it go?

Archived