Anxiety makes me feel like i'm dying?

Crybaby13

I do not know how to explain this. But I have anxiety. I am not treated for it. I was in the past, and I do know I have it, but I am not on any medication at the moment.

Anxiety even when not in panic attacks makes me feel like i'm going to die. Like something bad is gonna happen. A lot of my anxiety is health related.

I just can never feel normal, or good about anything, and it's really really getting me down.

Does anyone else feel this way and know what i'm talking about? I always have paranoia, and I just feel fidgety a lot because of this fear that I know will probably not happen for years to come...

Any advice about what to do about this? And if you experience this, how do you feel?

Thanks in advance.

~Crybaby13

I'm experiencing it right now and talked to my therapist about it over this past weekend. I'm also unofficially diagnosed but I have generalized anxiety from OCD etc. I have never used medication and that is something you should possibly consider.

that being said, medication will probably not solve everything. from what I've researched, therapy whether it's cognitive behavioral and medication combined tends to yield the best results.

I'm a very strong spirited person and to me medication should be a last resort. I'm at a point in my life where I have all the necessary tools to cope with my anxiety but you can only control your mind to a certain extent. when there's a chemical imbalance in your brain, that's where medication helps. good luck.

I've had a relapse recently of extreme anxiety, and it's reminding me just how devastating it can be. The suffering is beyond words.

My advice is to immediately avail of whatever treatment is at your disposal. My own experience is that counseling, talk-therapy, family/social supports, and other coping mechanisms are absolutely beneficial, but they are merely that. Coping mechanisms. For me, medication is critical, particularly when anxiety is spiking. To offer some optimism, I have managed my way through the past 2+ decades with only the occasional short-term bout of anxiety. While it has returned with a vengeance (this am was especially bad), I would like to think that the chances of getting over this hurdle before long are quite good.

I think I know why I'm having so much anxiety. I'm in the prime years of my life, and I haven't done anything.

I'm having a quarter life crisis, and i'm not happy with who I am at this stage. I'm trying to change my life, but it's

not working out the way I want to. I've been trying to find a new job, relocate, make more friends ( I only have one

so i'm very lonely most of the time as she lives out of town ) and just my life is a mess for my age.

Archived