International love

Jeans

This is probably gonna sound crazy, but here it goes. I met this guy last summer while studying abroad in Europe. He's from Canada, I'm from the states. Instantly we kicked it off and spent a couple days together. We left with amazing memories, some romance, and the understanding that we probably wouldn't see each other again. Well, a year later I found myself at an audition in his city. I reached out to him to see if he'd want to meet up and show me around. He picked me up and we spent the whole day together. It was so fun, like no time had passed. I was very attracted to him, his personality, his looks, I just felt chemistry. He kept mentioning how much we had in common and how similar we were. We went out that night and we had been drinking. He asked what my plans were for the night and I told him i was going back to the hotel. At this point, he told me that he was seeing someone. He said he really wanted to kiss me and really wanted to go with me because he felt this connection towards me but he couldn't cheat. And I respect that. He said if things were different he'd be pursuing me instantly. He went back with me anyways and we talked. There was just so much attraction there we both knew it was wrong, but I couldn't help myself. We kept it PG for the most part but some stuff did happen and I felt as guilty as he did. Yes, I'm bummed he has a gf now and that he lives in Canada. But honestly, there's just so much chemistry there. I know I have to be realistic and understand that it may never work out and I may never see him again. So my question is how do I move on from this? I'm sure we will keep in touch like we did before but it's always gonna be in the back of my mind. What do you do when you meet someone and you instantly click? I've never liked someone who has a gf, let alone lives in another country. It's crazy to me but the feeling is there and I can't help but wonder if he felt it too.

I think that you need to respect the fact that he has a gf, even if he does not. He has already shown you that he cannot be trusted, by fooling around with you.

I think you need to move on from this. You live in different countries. Also, he is practically a stranger, and this is fantasy

What Holly said.

Keep in mind that life is not at all like the movies. He won't leave his gf for you and live happily ever after. Most likely he will cheat at some point. He fooled around with you, he knows you in total what? 4 days?

Archived