Dating for 2.5 years - pressure to propose is boiling over

QBwannaB

Wow, a tough one! Because obviously you share so many wonderful moments and are compatible in so many ways.

I live in a very urban area, where technically everyone can be compatible, but I see so many of my girlfriends single (who on the paper are so stellar…) I feel like they can’t compromise or settle for ‘normal…’ And they don’t want to work things out.

On the other hand my best friend ended up marrying a guy where the start of the relationship was somewhat you are describing: volatile, her always fighting for him getting her what she wanted so so badly: a marriage, a kid and her name on the house… The guy was miserable at the beginning. She got all three and now she is so content, she almost carries him on her hands. He is all smiles now as well  I seriously was not giving them a chance witnessing how much they were fighting initially. It literally all stopped (apart for normal disagreements that every couple has.) I wouldn’t approve all of this, but it did work for them…

I’ve been with someone for 6 ½ years and boy… relationships are though. But I do think, most of the happier couples are those that are willing to stick it out and wait out for the sun to come out eventually. For myself (when I compare this relationship to all my previous ones), I do a basic ‘5 years ahead’ test. I simply imagine my life and my boyfriend always appears in it and that part makes me happy. I am looking forward to it. I was dreading future with my exs… and that’s why we broke up.

Good luck to you with your decision!!!

Archived