What fuels you to succeed.

Have you ever felt it? An overwhelming desire to do something. Whatever it might be.

I love playing guitar, and writing my own music. What makes me try to achieve more and more, is watching people who are way better then me play. When I see my favorite band on stage, it makes me burn on the inside. It makes me want to get better and better.

I learned that, motivation cannot come from words alone. At least not online.

As I discovered, two things motivate you the most. Action, and a good kick in the behind. If you wont do, motivation will never come. A year ago, I started lifting. At first, I hated it, I had no motivation at all. Then, I started to notice results in my body. I was still skinny, but I was getting bigger. Also, people started to notice the change, and treated me differently. This fueled me.

That is the easy way to get motivated. The hard and painful way, is to get a good slap by life. Once you do, you will suddenly realize the error of your ways. You will realize that you need to start doing.

So next time you want to do something, stop procastinating. Stop saying to yourself "im not motivated enough". Motivation will come from action. So will success. Because tomorrow may never come.

-Skyfire

I love playing guitar, and writing my own music. What makes me try to achieve more and more, is watching people who are way better then me play. When I see my favorite band on stage, it makes me burn on the inside. It makes me want to get better and better.

Wow, you're exactly like me. I used to take lessons on guitar when I was a lot younger, then I got bored w/ them and didn't want to practice. After a few years and a little gain of knowledge, I began to take an interest in rock and bands, and now I'm a frickin nut about music...all my friends think I'm crazy for not doing something in college that has to do with music. If you need an example...I found a song I liked that I downloaded off of a friends CD, from a band I didnt even know, and I listened to it for about 2 hours straight, picking out every solo, strum, beat and knowing every word. Within the past year, I picked up guitar again, started seeing bands play, and like you, it drives me to want to play...I'm not great, but then when I went to a party and saw some kid playin and people watchin, again..it drives you when you see someone better than you. I'm still picking it up, learning on my own by listening and playing by ear...I dont know tho, sometimes I feel like just saying "Screw college" and goin off and taking the risk of tryin to start a band. I write songs here and there, especially when my emotions run high....its nice to know there's others like me. Now only if my music drive worked like a 'study' drive should...cuz I never study. I need some motivation to stop listening to music for an hour and pick up the books.....any advice on how I can do that?

Yea, I'm not planning on quitting college...its just an occasional feeling when I do badly on a test or something....I just cant focus when it comes to school. I like school, it just seems so un-important to me, no matter what I do. I know its my future, and its what will determine what I do w/the rest of my life. I've always been good in school, then in college, nope....I never had to study in HS, so its a hard habit to break now. I'll stick with it, I just need to find a drive that'll make me study...almost like the one that makes me love music so much.

Besides...I'm not good enough to go start a band hehe, its just a dream...I'd love to be on stage someday playing, and have people in the crowd singing my lyrics back at me....

i didnt start playing hockey till i was 13 (not ice hockey anyways). most kids start when they are 4 or so. i really wanted to play but then something happened. all of the other kids and the parents said i couldnt do it, that the next year i wouldnt be able to make it in high school. nobody except my coach and my father believed in me.

one kid in particular used to make fun of me real bad. i always remembered it. so i worked extra hard..barely made the varsity team frosh year but by soph year i was the starting center. ya, i improved a lot. i was capt. sr year, but it was jr year that i remember. i played a game against one our rivals. the kid who made fun of me so badly a few years back was on the opposing team. my father was filming the game. he came accross center ice with his head down. i laid my shoulder into his chest and threw the nicest check ive ever thrown. i heard the wind get knocked out of him.

you can say that fueled my fire.