Am I stuck in the friendzone?

kcroyals623

There's this guy I've had a crush on since I was 15. We didn't know each other very well in high school (we went to different schools) but we both went to the same University and became really good friends. That was 3 years ago. We are still great friends but I have developed deep feelings for him. He graduated last summer and moved to another state, so I finally told him that I used to really like him (over text) and I wished him luck with his future. It was like we were saying goodbye. He said he had no idea I liked him and he's really slow when it came to that thing.

I didn't see again until he returned to school to take classes for grad school. We've been going to the gym a lot together and hanging out a little. My feelings for him have resurfaced. I know he cares about me, but I don't know how he see's me. We never talked about how I used to like him and I'm really shy when it comes to showing my feelings/affection. He's touchy with me sometimes. He got out of a serious relationship about 6 months ago. I don't know if he see's me as more than a friend or not. I just don't want to regret not letting him know how I feel.

Do I let him know how I feel and risk ruining a friendship? And if so, how??

I suggest just telling him and seeing what happens.

If you don't are you just going to end up pining for him more and more until you end up just doing something stupid which ruins the friendship, or you end up resenting him for not noticing and ruining the friendship, or just staying hung up on him and not allowing yourself to meet anyone else.

It does seem like a good sign that he is touchy with you, but it may not be a definite confirmation that he likes you if he's like that with all of his female friends. Try to notice how he acts around you in comparison to other female friends if the opportunity ever presents itself. In the meanwhile, make sure you're showing clear signs that you're interested in him. Of course, the clearest thing would be for you to tell him. As a previous poster mentioned, it may be worth the risk.

Archived